The established PRME DACH Chapter, consisting of PRME signatories in German-speaking countries (Germany-Austria-Switzerland), was officially launched at the Conference on Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME) for Germany, Switzerland and Austria, at MCI Management Center Innsbruck from 20th - 22nd February 2014, after two years of preparation. The first meeting of this group was held at Pforzheim University (Germany) on 28-29 January 2013.
The 2nd PRME Chapter Meeting DACH, which took place in October 2014 in Chur, Switzerland, (see news item) defined next steps and core projects for this group.
The 3rd PRME Chapter Meeting DACH was held in Frankfurt, Germany in November 2015.
The 4th PRME Chapter Meeting DACH was held in November 2016 at the University of Applied Sciences Krems in Austria.
The following higher education institutions are part of the founding group of the PRME DACH Chapter:
- University of Applied Sciences of the Grisons, Switzerland - represented by Juerg Kessler
- Pforzheim University, Germany - represented by Ulrich Jautz
- MCI Management Center Innsbruck, Austria - represented by Andreas Altmann
- Goethe-University Frankfurt am Main, Germany - represented by Gerhard Minnameier
- GGS Heilbronn, German Graduate School of Management & Law, Germany -represented by Christopher Stehr
- WU Wien, Austria - Sustainability Competence Center STaR by Laura Bauer
- Hochschule der Medien, Germany – Steinbeis University Berlin - represented by Wilfried Mödinger
- IUBH School of Business and Management, Germany - represented by Kurt Jeschke
- TU Dresden - IHI Zittau, Germany - represented by Albert Löhr
- Ostbayerische Technische Hochschule Amberg-Weiden (OTH), Germany - represented by Bernhard Bleyer
- Educatis Foundation /Educatis Unversity Organisation, Germany - Konstantin Theile
- IMC University of Applied Sciences Krems, Austria
- Reutlingen University, Germany - represented by Bernd Banke
- Frankfurt School of Finance & Management, Germany - represented by Heike Borst
- University of Tuebingen - Global Ethics Institute, Germany - represented by Claus Dierksmeier
The mission of the Chapter is to provide thought and action leadership on the future of corporations and of responsible management education in the context of the UN sustainable development agenda. In doing so, the group aims to:
- Work collaboratively to achieve higher levels of performance in five key areas: curricula, research, educational frameworks, sustainability-based partnerships and thought leadership
- Serve the broader PRME community through active engagement with existing local and regional Chapters, and other global opportunities, as well as the wider institutional context of the PRME initiative
- Make significant contributions in support of broader UN goals and issues, in particular, helping to realise the proposed Sustainable Development Goals
Main activities include:
- Analysis of the Mission Statements of the Universities on the light of PRME (Hochschulstrategie/Mission Statements)
- Understanding Responsible Management Education in the DACH context (RME: Verstandnis im DACH-Kontext)
- Curriculum Development (Entwicklung Curriculum/Programme)
- Faculty Development (Weiterbildung)
- Student perspectives
- Hosting a PRME Regional Meeting annually