The purpose of PRME Chapter Africa is:
- to engage and grow the PRME network in Africa;
- to advocate and develop thought leadership in responsible management education and research in Africa;
- to promote and facilitate knowledge sharing on PRME in Africa; and
- to support the implementation of the Six Principles and the integration of the SDGs in business schools and HEIs in Africa.
The key objectives of a PRME Chapter Africa are to:
- apply the Six Principles in the African context;
- increase the visibility of PRME and its signatories in Africa, by advocating for responsible management education, research, and developing thought leadership;
- actively promote the growth of the Africa Chapter by engaging with non-communicating signatories, as well as business schools and higher education institutions that are not yet PRME signatories;
- engage all PRME signatories in Africa and provide a platform for dialogue, learning, and action on responsible management education;
- engage with other PRME Chapters, PRME Working Groups, PRME Global Students, and other PRME platforms and projects;
- share examples of best practice on how to integrate the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) into the curriculum, research, partnerships, dialogue, external engagement activities, and the internal practices of the school or institution; and
- develop knowledge sharing and thought leadership amongst PRME signatories in close connection with the respective UN GC Local Networks and their members.
The main activities of the Chapter Steering Committee of PRME Chapter Africa include:
To fulfil this mandate and advance the key objectives set out above, PRME Chapter Africa is required to perform the following activities.
- Organise an annual general meeting (AGM) open to all Chapter members to discuss the strategic direction and development of the Chapter.
- Host at least one additional annual activity on a substantial issue for PRME. This second event can be held in conjunction with the AGM.
- Actively promote regular communication, knowledge sharing, and collaboration between Chapter members, and communicate activities taking place in the different regions of the Chapter, as well as Chapter events and activities.
- Encourage Chapter members to participate in the Annual PRME Global Chapter Forum.
- Encourage members to engage and work together with UNGC Local Networks at country level.
Further details may be found in the Governance section and the Resources section.