Principles for Responsible Management Education
Newcastle University Business School (NUBS) has distinguished itself through its ongoing pursuit of excellence and impact through education and research activities. Within a now fully functioning Newcastle Helix campus, over the last two years the School has established vibrant collaborations with partners in the private, public and civil society sectors.
NUBS has almost 3,800 students from 93 countries representing all continents and regions of the world, and is one of just over 100 business schools (less than 1%) worldwide, and one of 20 in the UK, to hold the triple crown international accreditation (EQUIS, AACSB, and AMBA). The School has continued to deliver on its vision to be a globally renowned international business school that delivers excellence in the Future of Work and develops leaders for a future they can shape. This vision continues to be supported by our mission to inspire new global perspectives in the Future of Work and Leading on Leadership through vibrant collaboration, and is also reflected in our ethos:
Here to Transform – we inspire students, staff and partners to come together to learn,
explore and solve the most pressing issues facing the future of work and leaders in our
region and the world.
The diverse examples of PRME activities included in this Report illustrate how NUBS is delivering on its decade-old promise to educate responsible business leaders and outstanding global citizens. This aim continues to be supported by six strategic ambitions:
• to embed and evaluate internationalisation in all that we do;
• to deliver excellent education;
• to drive excellence in research and innovation;
• to develop an inclusive culture with entrepreneurial character, which empowers people, enables cross-disciplinary collaboration and is committed to equality and diversity;
• to deliver on its vision through vibrant collaborations with its stakeholders; and
• to create opportunity for our stakeholders to shape a responsible future for business and society
Our focus on creating responsible managers and leaders for a sustainable global future is
directly serving this last strategic ambition – but also continues to be closely articulated
with the other five, and embedded in our education, research and engagement activities
across the board.
|PRME SIP Report 2022_submitted 12Jul22