Hosted by the Oulu Business School, Martti Ahtisaari Institute,
this will be the first GRLI General Assembly to take place in Scandinavia. The city of Oulu is often referred to as the capital of Northern Scandinavia – it combines Northern hospitality, nature and culture with modern technology.
Oulu Business School is an international research and educational institute for economic sciences. Since 2008 it has been the home of the Martti Ahtisaari Institute of Global Business and Economics
The institute is named after Nobel Peace Prize laureate and 10th President of Finland - Martti Ahtisaari.
The themes that underpin our discussion and work at Oulu are:
- The GRLI: Towards 2024
- Structural Changes in the Global Economy
- New Technology & Digitalization Advancement and its impact on Leadership
- The Renewal of Management Education
What are the main elements of the programme?
The programme has been designed to utilize the location to the full and to ensure an effective blend of project focused action and broader learning opportunities. Key elements of the meeting and related activities are:
- The first full meeting of the GRLI’s Council of Partners to set action plans towards 2024
- Work on the 50+20 Agenda of Management education for the World
- Learning journeys to Technopolis, a world famous hi-tech incubator and to hi-tech companies that have been born out of Technopolis
- A responsible leadership Top Forum which will see the GRLI engage with business and societal leaders in Finland
- An Ambassadors meeting for the next generation of globally responsible leaders
- The establishment of innovation cohorts in business on leadership and sustainability
- The announcement of the next six Honorary Fellows of the GRLI
- Accelerated learning and new project development utilizing uniquely Finnish approaches harnessing the power of the natural environment in the depths of winter
- An academic paper workshop on Globally Responsible Leadership which is a feeder event for the 3rd International Conference on Responsible Leadership taking place in South Africa in November 2014.
Full detailed programme here (Please not that the programme will be subject to update and modifications)
View the event page here