Activities, Deliverables & Resources
INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCES & MEETINGS
- The 2016 PRME Business for Peace Annual Event will take place in Dubai between the 25th-27th of October. The event will form part pf the UN Global Compact's Making Global Goals Local Business-Dubai series, a string of events that will explore how responsible bsuiness action on the SDG's can help create the world we want. For more information, visit the event webpage here.
- At the occasion of the 2015 PRME Global Forum – 6th PRME Annual Assembly, held in New York on 23-25 June 2015, and as part of the 2nd Annual Global Compact Business for Peace Event, the Working Group met to showcase projects, share insights and develop new ideas for collaboration. The group outlined their goals to address lack of communication between civil society, academic and business work on peace, and committed to creating a platform for communication, launching a LinkedIn group to connect B4P members to share ideas and information, expand the network, and continue to develop collaborations from their different geographic locations around the world. As a follow-up step, the group hopes to create a shared research database.
- A special session during the second day of the Inauguaral Business for Peace Event, September 2014 in Istanbul, Transforming Knowledge and Expertise into Action for Peace, brought together researchers and business practitioners to share recent trends and lessons learned on business contributions to peace. Emphasis here was placed on creating a community of practice and developing partnerships designed to transform knowledge and thought leadership into action for peace. For 2014 Annual Event Proceedings, and further graphic representations of the meeting (as seen below), see here.
- UN Global Compact Business for Peace
- International Council of Swedish Industry (NIR):
- Recently released the new resource, Management in Complex Environments, for middle managers of multinational companies operating in high-risk areas. Additionally, development of this resource into both a more practical guide for company managers and an educational curriculum for business schools is in-progress.
- The PeaceNexus foundation provides tailored advice to peacebuilding actors and has collaborated, along with PRME and B4P, on NIR’s Management in Complex Environments resource.
- Institute for Economics and Peace (IEP):
- IEP has developed Global and Country-level Peace Indices and a new business risk assessment tool, the Global Peace Index (GPI).