Three years into PRME's launch, signatories from regions around the world determined that due to a diverse range of macro-environmental conditions, there was a need to consider and incorporate local contexts and perspectives into their pursuits.
Today, fourteen regional PRME Chapters help to advance the Six Principles within a particular geographic context, rooting PRME in different national, regional, cultural, and linguistic landscapes. They function as platforms for localized engagement from higher education institutions, and in cooperation with Global Compact Local Networks, can develop projects and initiatives that support the Sustainable Development Goals regionally.
PRME Chapters develop their own internal arrangements and activities while committing to:
- Providing a platform for dialogue, learning, and action on responsible management and leadership education and research
- Increasing the visibility of PRME and its signatories in the region
- Adapting the Six Principles into a local context
- Developing and promoting activities linked to the Six Principles and the Sustainable Development Goals
To learn more about PRME Chapters, read the First Report on PRME Chapters.
PRME Regional Meetings are designed to complement the global events, issue-area working groups, and other activities of the initiative. These meetings have been bringing the PRME community together since 2010, when the first PRME regional meeting emerged from calls to develop a more localised approach to sustainability and responsible management education in the Asian region. This successful meeting led to the emergence of meetings in other parts of the world to better provide a regional context to the Principles of PRME.
We encourage you to learn more about hosting one of these events and see sample planning materials below:
The PRME Secretariat will support these meetings by:
- Providing intellectual input into the design of these events
- Ensuring their alignment with the PRME initiative
- Granting the use of the PRME logo, name and brand affiliation to the event
- Appointing PRME representatives to participate in the event
- Establishing links between the PRME initiative and other networks and associations