Almaty Management University (est. 1988) is an entrepreneurial and socially-responsible university located in Almaty, Republic of Kazakhstan. AlmaU is the only higher educational institution in the Commonwealth of Independent States included in QS World University Rankings: Global MBA Rankings (2020, 2021). Almaty Management University implements the principles of the UN SDGs though UN Academic Impact and PRME and other initiatives.
University’s impact within the society and development of social responsibility has been evaluated by Times Higher Education Rankings (THE) and AlmaU was ranked 601-800 in the global Times Higher Education Impact Rankings 2021. The University confirms its global impact and held the position of a top 3 Business Schools (2017, 2019) in the Central Asian region according to Eduniversal (France) and top 3 best business schools by double degree programs and top 5 business schools by the number of partnerships with foreign universities having "Triple Crown" accreditation (2020) in the CIS Region according to “ExpertRA” (Russia). International development is one of the strategic directions of the University’s internationalization. University holds strong connections with more than 40 countries’ representatives, including 130+ partner institutions and more than 20 associations. The main directions of cooperation are faculty and students exchange, double degree programs, joint international projects, experience exchange, research and development.
Vision: Almaty Management University is an entrepreneurial, socially responsible world-class university.
Mission: We are making the world better through the development of education, research and entrepreneurship.
Key values of the University:
2 Diversity and inclusion
4 Integrity and openness
5 Team spirit and synergy
AlmaU 2025 (Meaningful & Impactful University) vision and mission fulfillment will take place through the prism of three strategic directions:
1. ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE: student-centered education, personification, online education and lifelong learning.
2. RESEARCH AND INNOVATION: strengthening research competencies, developing conditions for generating knowledge and developing innovations.
3. ENTREPRENEURSHIP FOR ALL: development and dissemination of entrepreneurial mindset and skills among people of all professions and ages, increasing the influence of the university on the country's economy and public life.
Each strategic direction is imbued with three principles:
1. Sustainable development - a positive contribution to the development of the state, society and business; balanced and effective university activities; inclusion, adherence to the principles of kaizen.
2. Internationalization - attracting foreign students, teachers and staff, academic mobility, participation in international research and commercial projects.
3. Digitalization - the implementation of digital technologies to facilitate and speed up operational processes, and to create new opportunities for the university.