The PRME Chapter Iberian (Spain and Portugal) was first discussed at a meeting hosted by Deusto Business School in May 2014, and was created during a PRME signatory workshop at ESADE Business School, Madrid, Spain on 10 July, 2014. The initiative in Spain and Portugal has arisen from the meeting of business schools and universities in the region that saw the need to strengthen the participation of signatories of PRME at the regional level—to enhance individual and collective work, promote the adoption of the Principles of PRME in the region, which promote peer learning, dissemination of good practices, experiences and lessons learned—and to create a space for dialogue among the signatories of PRME in Spain and Portugal, who are invited to join this emerging Chapter of PRME in the region.
The 2nd PRME Chapter Meeting Iberian, which took place in February 2015 in Madrid, Spain, defined next steps and core projects for this group.
The 3rd PRME Chapter Meeting Iberian was held at Porto Business school in Portugal in February 2016.
Main Activities/Core Value Proposition
Many activities were discussed at the July 2014 meeting, and the following projects decided for focus:
- The PRME Chapter Iberian will be a PRME regional platform that will help to recruit new PRME signatories in the region, as well as help them to advance in the Six Principles of PRME. It will also be a local catalyser and, in coordination with the PRME Secretariat, a link with the UN Global Compact Networks in Spain and Portugal.
- Organise the first workshop on good regional PRME practices in curriculum and teaching, in February 2015 at University Pontificia de Comillas.
- The workshop will be a space for the signatories to present good practices in relation to PRME
- The collection of this material will possibly generate a regional Inspirational Guide on the Implementation of PRME.
- Develop a workstream on indicators: Ten indicators for each of the ten principles will be developed, in order to help PRME institutions to measure the impact of their activities/projects in advancing PRME. This tool would be an important contribution to the global community of PRME.
- Planned for 2015: A workshop for dialogue with the companies of Global Compact Network Spain and Portugal on the Sustainable Development Goals.
- A task force to study best practices in business school management and internal policy (governance, codes of ethics, reporting routines, etc.) for PRME institutions has been proposed and will be elaborated in the next meetings.
- The PRME Chapter Iberian will establish an online platform to facilitate communication between all signatories of Spain and Portugal.
For more information on the PRME Chapter Iberian and in order to participate in the activities of the Chapter, please contact:
Enrique Lopez Viguria (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Janette Martell (email@example.com)
Maria João Santos, coordinator PRME Chapter Iberian, Professora Auxiliar com Agregação, Sociología ISEG, Lisboa School of Economics & Management at firstname.lastname@example.org