Details for Martha & Spencer Love School of Business
Type of Organization
Type of Education
Undergraduate, Post Graduate, Executive
Institution is part of
Elon, NC, United States
Sign Up Date to PRME
25 Feb 2009
Current Sharing Information on Progress Report Submission
15 Nov 2018
Sharing Information on Progress (2018)
Period Covered: Aug 2016 to Nov 2018
The Elon University: Love School of Business PRME SIP Report provides our progress information during 2016 – 2018, covering the areas of academic curriculum, co-curricular activities, and research (PRME Principles 1-4); and partnerships and dialogues with other interested stakeholders on issues related to local and global social responsibility, and sustainability (PRME Principles 5 & 6).
Achievements Curriculum Integration in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
- Recently approved new vision, mission, and values for business school that include focus on transformative business education including responsible business education (i.e., sustainability and corporate responsibility)
- In process of revising undergraduate core curriculum to strengthen existing focus on responsible business practices
- Sustainability and corporate responsibility are strong parts of university culture at Elon and in the business school including a sustainability faculty scholars program in which one of the business school faculty members is participating
- Co-hosted Fair Trade Symposium last year and co-hosting Dialogue on Morality and Business this year
- Considering executive education programs focused on these topics as more faculty develop expertise
Achievements Research Development in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
- A number of our faculty conduct research on Ethics practices, CSR, and sustainability.
- Additional opportunities for this research and knowledge development have been built into the strategic plan.