Details for Faculty of Engineering Economics and Management
Type of Organization
Type of Education
Technical, Undergraduate, Post Graduate, Doctoral, Executive
Institution is part of
Riga Technical University
Sign Up Date to PRME
07 Nov 2008
Current Sharing Information on Progress Report Submission
31 Mar 2019
Sharing Information on Progress (2019)
Period Covered: Jan 2017 to Mar 2019
With our 2019 Sharing Information on Progress report, the Faculty of Engineering Economics and Management (FEEM) of Riga Technical University (RTU) confirms its commitment to the Principles of Responsible Management Education. Together, students, academic and administrative staff, we are a wholesome and powerful team. Only by acting together, performing our duties in good faith, responsibly and with due diligence, we can achieve and fulfil all the FEEM goals and objectives.
Achievements Curriculum Integration in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
Being a University with long and significant traditions we have been trying to combine traditional and topical values in the development processes. We are paying significant attention to corporate social responsibility, yet today’s dynamic and global market clearly shows that it is not possible to develop institution or education processes and stay competitive without paying attention to such topical issues as corporate social responsibility or sustainability.
In the field of corporate responsibility and sustainability we are planning to:
• Put more emphasis on moral and ethical issues to facilitate the development of moral contemporary entrepreneur. Courses on Corporate Governance, Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility are going to be added to all the curricula to develop a set of core attitudes and motivate awareness of ethical responsibility in the young generation of managers and entrepreneurs.
• Provide sustainable development of the University and the Faculty by integrating CRS in the design of our curricula, programmes and courses, and, as a result - stimulate sustainability of business environment and national economy through our academic staff and alumni.
• Introduce a new paradigm of work and encourage companies to manage the business processes so as to produce an overall positive impact on society and improve business ethics in Latvia.
• Encourage value-based leadership and continuous development simultaneously aspiring to eliminate discrimination, respect cultural differences and find business opportunities in building the skills of the employees, community and the government.
Achievements Research Development in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
Faculty has achieved certain performance level in terms of academic research and knowledge development such as:
• Faculty conducts research in fields of human resource management, knowledge economy and management, business economics and management, logistics and supply chain management, innovations, safety etc.
• Faculty has organized summer school for doctoral students and conferences providing knowledge and cultural exchange between the researchers and doctoral students from different countries in the field of development of research methods and knowledge management.
• Academic staff and doctoral students, including some industry representatives, are involved in theoretical and empirical research of corporate responsibility and sustainability due to the contacts with business associations made by the Faculty.
Faculty has considerable future plans regarding the academic research and knowledge development with companies in the field of corporate responsibility and sustainability:
• Our main strategic goal is to provide development of innovation and knowledge transfer through qualitative scientific research, integrated into study processes, involving international and domestic partners from scientific institutions as well as industry representatives.
• Extend involvement of students and academic staff in industry based researches; involve undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral students in research especially that related to the ethical issues of business and society.
• Increase number of scientific projects carried out in collaboration with business associations and companies thus developing research on corporate activities and the role of business in creation of sustainable social and economic development.
• Develop knowledge and extend the idea that social responsibility becoming an integral part of management would enhance the competitiveness of business and maximise the value of wealth creation to society.