Details for Universidad EAFIT
Type of Organization
Type of Education
Undergraduate, Post Graduate, Doctoral, Executive
Medellin, Antioquia, Colombia
Sign Up Date to PRME
25 Sep 2012
Current Sharing Information on Progress Report Submission
08 Apr 2019
Sharing Information on Progress (2019)
Period Covered: Apr 2017 to Apr 2019
Nos complace presentar el cuarto SIP anual, en el que rendimos informes públicamente sobre la manera en que hemos venido implementando los PRME entre abril de 2017 y marzo de 2019. La Escuela de Administración y la Escuela de Economía y Finanzas de EAFIT han querido mediante este reporte mostrar la manera en que los PRME se han vivido mediante la convicción de que el conocimiento debe estar conectado al desarrollo sostenible de la humanidad.
Achievements Curriculum Integration in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
• By institutional mandate, each of our undergraduate and postgraduate courses has at least one module on either business ethics or corporate social responsibility. This decision aims to promote critical thinking and to provide decision making elements for future managers and current citizens regarding ethical dilemmas.
• We promote teaching strategies that facilitate the development of socially responsible practices and values, such as: debates, discussions, students projects, workshops, and evaluations.
• We have “Atreverse a Pensar”, this is an institutional program to encourage academic honesty. This program has been model for other Colombian education institutions and companies.
• Our executive education portfolio comprises courses on responsible management and sustainability within the Global Compact framework.
• Together with student groups and other stakeholders we have supported conferences and events on CSR.
• We actively participated in the local network of the Global Compact. We are specially committed in the Anti-Corruption national roundtable.
• We publicly communicate our commitment towards responsible management education, and share with the business community our views through academic papers, books, business magazines’ columns, newspapers articles and conferences in the field of corporate social responsibility and sustainability.
Achievements Research Development in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
• Several of our members of the academic staff have researched and published in the field of corporate social responsibility both at the local dimensions and at the international level.
• We are committed to the business community in Colombia, and we conduct both scientific and applied research in socially and environmentally responsible values and practices.
• We provide support to companies through consulting in CSR areas.
• As members of academic and professional networks, we promote Global Compact values, and we share our experiences as teaching and research institution.