Details for La Rochelle Business School
Type of Organization
Type of Education
Undergraduate, Post Graduate, Executive
Institution is part of
La Rochelle Cedex, France
Sign Up Date to PRME
21 May 2012
Current Sharing Information on Progress Report Submission
22 Dec 2018
Sharing Information on Progress (2018)
Period Covered: Jan 2016 to Jan 2019
EXCELIA GROUP LA ROCHELLE BUSINESS SCHOOL 2018 PRME SIP REPORT
Achievements Curriculum Integration in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
One of the major issue of Sup de Co La Rochelle’s Corporate Social Responsibility approach is to gradually integrate sustainable development into all our programmes, in order to give our students every key that will enable them to develop innovative and responsible business models and to develop a creative human management of shared value. Through the implementation of training modules and transversal courses integrating sustainable development issues, our aim is to give all students access to CSR knowledge .To illustrate this matter: each of our student have to follow a 30 hours module in Ethic or CSR, and the past year, 31% of “ESC-Grandes Ecoles” programme’s students wrote their final thesis on this particular theme.
In 1999, we created the Master in Environmental Management, and in 2005, the Master in Sustainable Strategy was launched. Through these Masters, the school has the goal to train specialized CSR managers and environmental supervisors, able to act on problems related among other things to the protection of nature and for a better way of life. At the end of this training, the essential point is to have executives capable of taking balanced decisions, between financial and economic issues on the one hand and environmental, social matters on the other. Our partnerships with companies (refer to 5.2) offer our students a framework to study and to work on practical CSR cases, like with Alstom and Fleury Michon this year.
In 2007, we developed the “Humacité “ project, and since 2011 academic year, whatever their programme, every student have to devote 2 to 5 months to humanitarian, social or civic initiatives, in France or abroad, working closely with population in great difficulty.
Furthermore, Social Responsibility case studies were conducted to strengthen our production of educational cases. On the year 2011/2012, 4 SR case studies were filed and will feed our students’ pedagogy.
Achievements Research Development in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
Since 2000, companies have been at the heart of the design and realization of educational CSR modules, through lots of meetings, seminars, and business clubs.
- In 2000, 2002 and 2005, we welcomed the “Environnement de La Rochelle” symposia on innovative and concrete thematics such as “the integration of our environment in companies trades” or “Finance and Environment”.
- Following these seminars, since 2004, the RER (environmental meetings of La Rochelle) were put in place. RER is a group of reflection and exchange of good practices between environmental and sustainable development managers.
- The group then evolved in 2006 with the first French-Quebecker forum, Samuel de Champlain (organized with “ICI Environment” in Montréal) and the second in 2008 on a future but controversial subject: Water and Health
- Two seminars ISO 26000 took place in January 2008 and September 2011, to provide a stimulating and effective contribution to companies who want to integrate social responsibility in their management system.
- The seventh congress of ADERSE (Association for the Development of Education and Research on Corporate Social Responsibility) was organized by and at Sup de Co La Rochelle, on March 24-25-26, 2010, with the objective to study the relationship between CSR and innovation.
- On April 26, 2012 the group in partnership with AIM (Association Information et Management) and La Rochelle Chamber of Commerce and Industry, organized the JRSIDD 2012 “Journées Rochelaises: Systèmes d’Informations et Développement Durable”, a conference on information systems and sustainable development.
Signed in April 2010, Fleury Michon’s (Food Processing Industry) chair has opened a new era in how Sup de Co La Rochelle will work with companies, the project consists in the deployment and integration of SR on an ISO 26000 basis in Fleury Michon’s long term strategy.
The result of a long-standing partnership, the Alstom convention was signed on October 20, 2010, which embodies a common will to build joint research on sustainable criteria in railway transport.
The IMA (Inter Mutuelles Assistance, Insurance Company) agreement, signed in June 2011, also aims to guide the company to deploy and apply SR in the heart of its processes and activities.
The collaboration with VNF (Voies Navigables de France) aims to develop educational tools in order to promote the use of waterways in industrialists and distributors’ transport plans.