Details for Corvinus University of Budapest
Type of Organization
Type of Education
Undergraduate, Post Graduate, Doctoral, Executive
Sign Up Date to PRME
18 May 2010
Current Sharing Information on Progress Report Submission
22 Mar 2019
Sharing Information on Progress (2019)
Sharing Information on Progress (2016)
Sharing Information on Progress (2015)
The report of the Faculty of Business Administration at the Corvinus University of Budapest, provides an overview of the Faculty's activities in the field of responsible business education. The report also introduces the most relevant research activities of the Faculty and describes its engagement with local stakeholders.
Sharing Information on Progress (2012)
The Faculty of Business Administration at CUB has implemented a wide array of teaching and research projects over the last 20 years relating to business responsibility. An interdepartmental Committee implements the objectives set in the institutional sustainability plan of the university. Our SIP report demonstrates the achievements of the Faculty in the fields of education, research, outreach and infrastructure. Each section of the report presents recent good examples and objectives for the future.
Achievements Curriculum Integration in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
1. The Faculty of Business Administration has integrated Sustainable Development in many of its educational programs being one of the first in Hungary to offer courses in Environmental Economics and Environmental Management
2. An Institute of Environmental Science operates at the Faculty promoting research and education in the field
3. Corporate Social Responsibility and Corporate Environmental Management topics have been integrated in undergraduate, graduate and executive educational programs
4. A Ph.D-program with environmental specialization is offered for those students interested in sustainability and corporates responsibility issues
5. The Faculty has set up an interdepartmental committee on responsible business education and prepared its first SIP in the end of 2012.
Achievements Research Development in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
1. A number of research projects have been carried out concentrating on both environmental and social aspects of sustainability, e.g. cleaner production, eco-industrial development, environmental marketing and accounting, sustainable consumer behavior, etc.
2. An Energy Research Centre and a National Cleaner Production Centre has been operational for many years at the Faculty
3. Many national and international conferences have been organized and hosted by the University, e.g. European Roundtable on Cleaner Production, European Management Accounting Network Conference, National Sustainable Consumption conferences, etc.
4. The Sustainability Plan of the university will promote research activities in both corporate responsibility and sustainability.