Details for Universidad ESAN
Type of Organization
Type of Education
Undergraduate, Post Graduate, Executive
Surco, Lima, Peru
Sign Up Date to PRME
25 Nov 2008
Current Sharing Information on Progress Report Submission
09 Jul 2019
Sharing Information on Progress (2018)
Period Covered: Jan 2018 to Dec 2018
Since joining the PRME, ESAN has undertaken to adopt the Six Principles and work in the preparation of projects, curriculums, and research under this international framework. Many of the projects mentioned in this report have been gaining strength and created new initiatives in favor of the development of the students’ capacities regarding the concepts behind a sustainable development.
Achievements Curriculum Integration in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
Universidad ESAN has devoted greater efforts to CR and sustainability since the year 2000. Among its achievements are:
* The training of 2 faculty members at the doctoral level.
* Development of teaching materials through a case contest sponsored by Asociacion Atocongo, a well known local foundation.
* Integration of this subjects in its MBA and MSc programs, with greater emphasis in those related to key sector such as Mining, Energy and Agroindustry.
* Offer programs on Sustainable Development both in Lima and throughout Peru.
* Achieve greater multidisciplinary and multicultural integration of these subjects through our network of university partners and corporate executives.
Achievements Research Development in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
* Universidad ESAN has established a program oriented to aid high school directors, from public schools, to enhance their role in the national education sector and to promote higher levels of academic excellence in their institutions. We will broaden this effort in the coming years.
* Continue current research efforts, oriented to learn how Peruvians understand the CR concept, and to apply this knowledge in the creation of programs to develop growing understanding and adherence to the principles of CR.
* To promote entrepreneurship through research and training activities, to help them become successful actors in the establishment of new sustainable small businesses.