Details for Athens University of Economics and Business
Type of Organization
Type of Education
Undergraduate, Post Graduate, Doctoral, Executive
Sign Up Date to PRME
22 Feb 2013
Current Sharing Information on Progress Report Submission
04 Oct 2017
Sharing Information on Progress (2017)
Period Covered: Jan 2015 to Jul 2017
During the recent critical years it has been a requirement and an obligation for Universities to cultivate responsible leadership as well as to design solutions to the complex problems that undermine society, the economy and the environment. Due to the fact that we are guided by the PRME, we have recorded all relevant actions that promote Social Responsibility within and outside the University for the last three calendar years (2015,2016,2017).
Achievements Curriculum Integration in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
- Various activities to improve the ecological footprint of the University, such as University-wide campaign for the reduction of waste and the saving of energy and water in the University buildings, organization of paper and battery recycling process, change of the University’s energy system, from fuel to gas.
- Integration of CSR issues in core and elective courses of all Academic Departments of AUEB.
- Voluntary Blood Donation for children’s hospitals from all AUEB community members, organized three times per year annually.
- International MBA and Department of Management Science and Technology are members of United Nations Global Compact and support the principals of corporate responsibility.
- Extend our partnership with other Universities and Businesses to reinforce corporate responsibility and sustainability.
- Continue to make new and innovative initiatives, such as philanthropy etc.
Achievements Research Development in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
- Faculty members organize Conferences, Workshops and open lectures on CSR.
- Faculty members publish every year articles and journal in the areas of financial and social responsibility.
- Our intention is more faculty members become active and support the CSR Principles. In that way, we reinforce the academic research and we continue to bring a world of knowledge and experience to the challenge of preparing the next generation of business leaders.