Details for Universidad de Lima Facultad de Ciencias Empresariales y Economicas
Type of Organization
Type of Education
Undergraduate, Post Graduate, Executive
Institution is part of
Universidad de Lima
Lima 33, Lima, Peru
Sign Up Date to PRME
06 Jul 2012
Current Sharing Information on Progress Report Submission
19 Mar 2019
Sharing Information on Progress (2017)
Period Covered: Jan 2016 to Dec 2017
La política de responsabilidad social de la Universidad de Lima, apunta a la construcción de una ciudadanía atenta, que cuide y mejore su entorno natural y social. Nuestra misión es formar ciudadanos responsables, respetuosos y solidarios. Todos los planes de estudio de las carreras incluyen asignaturas de ética y responsabilidad social, cuyas prácticas e investigaciones contribuyen a fortalecer los valores de la responsabilidad social global.
Achievements Curriculum Integration in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
Spread in the School of Business the concept of Social Responsibility as a source of competitive advantage and the role of business in the market and society. Through examples of best global practices and strategies, our community will see how managers can add value to business management, with emphasis on ethics, corporate governance and accountability.
We are planning to support the activities of the following student organizations:
• Center of Environmental Impact Studies
• Study group of Responsibility Creative.
• Social Program in Viña Alta, Lima.
• Pebal Social Program.
We will continue in the 2013 with our Graduate Program in Sustainable Development Management through integrated systems: Quality, Environment, Safety and Occupational Health & Social Responsibility. This program was designed in 2012 in partnership with Bureau Veritas for the purpose of training leaders to contribute to country's sustainable development through the implementation, auditing, and improving integrated systems management in their organizations, and their main support tools.
Achievements Research Development in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
We promote research and publications in social responsibility, sustainable development and environment and ethics. For example:
• Corporate social responsibility as a way to protect the environment and community. Carrasco, Sofia.
• Consulting firm business plan. Communications for the mining sector, energy and oil. Alvarado, Walter.
• Ecotourism: the key factor for sustainable development in Peru: Manu National Reserve case. Sanchez, Ronald.
• The importance of mining for the development of a business model of social inclusion. Azabache, Carlos.
• International demand for fishmeal and sustainability of the fisheries sector in Peru. Landa, Yuri.
• Some proposals for improving human development indicators. Ortiz, Rosa.
• Applied environmental management for mining projects. Schwarz, Max.
• Sustainability and eco-efficiency in architecture. Maqueira, Angeles.
• Water treatment for human consumption. Camacho, Nadia.