Details for Birla Institute of Management Technology
Type of Organization
Type of Education
Post Graduate, Doctoral
Institution is part of
Birla Group of Companies
Greater Noida, Gautam Budha Nagar, UP, India
Sign Up Date to PRME
19 May 2008
Current Sharing Information on Progress Report Submission
07 May 2019
Sharing Information on Progress (2018)
Period Covered: Jun 2018 to May 2019
The Institute has adopted the Principles of Responsible Management Education (PRME) which are inspired by internationally accepted values, such as the United Nations Global Compact's Ten Principles and provide an engagement structure for academic institutions to advance social responsibility through incorporating universal values into curricula and research.
Achievements Curriculum Integration in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
- Birla group is one fo the oldest business group of India and participated in the freedom struggle too. With the chairman's involvement with Mahatma Gandhi, Birla group adopted certain principles and practices towards corporate responsibility and sustainability.
- These principles are supported by BIMTECH's vision to produce manpower of emerging corporate needs with ethics and values.
- We have kept charity away and adopted corporate responsibility and working on health and education in the less privileged areas.
- At the b-school, we try to sensitize every stakeholder in and outside the institute on issues of responsibility and sustainability.
- There are special courses offered in the programmes.
Achievements Research Development in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
- Some involvement to teach students and involvement them in the community making through projects and training has been initiated and been practiced.
- An expenditure in adopting two villages and supporting to health and education initiatives of hte villages to make them sustainable.
- Promoting the value and culture of Indian society in the fast moving young generation by introducing art and culture as part of the training
- offering courses and training sessions
- Creating a thought leadership forum with AIMA (All India Management Association) to make a group of 100 b-schools to sensitize students and faculty on CSR issues