PRME Chapter ASEAN+
The PRME community in Asia has seen already many PRME Regional Fora held over the past six years:
- 1st PRME Regional Forum Asia at Kyung Hee University in South Korea, in 2010;
- 2nd PRME Regional Forum Asia at Tsinghua University in China, in 2011;
- 3rd PRME Regional Forum Asia at Keio University in Japan, in 2012;
- 4th PRME Regional Forum Asia at Ramon V. Rosario College of Business at De La Salle University, The Philippines in 2013;
- 5th PRME Regional Forum Asia that was held on 13-14 November 2014 at the University Utara Malaysia;
- 6th PRME Asia Forum at Goa Institute of Management in 2015;
- 7th PRME Asia Forum at the Faculty of Business of The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU) in 2016.
In this context, the PRME Chapter ASEAN+ was launched during the 5th PRME Regional Forum Asia in order to strengthen the participation of signatories of PRME at the regional level—to enhance individual and collective work, promote the adoption of the Principles of PRME in the region, which promote peer learning, dissemination of good practices, experiences and lessons learned—and to create a space for dialogue among the signatories of the region.
Following the 7th PRME Asia Forum in July 2016, the PRME Chapter ASEAN+ signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the PRME Secretariat, formally making the Chapter an Established member of the PRME Community. A report was written detailing the ASEAN participation in the Forum and noting the regional business school community's commitment to the 6 Principles.
PRME Chapter ASEAN+ encourages other business schools and institutions to join in and participate in the community website we have built: http://prmemalaysia.putrabusinessschool.edu.my/
As well as the facebook page for ASEAN+ Chapter: https://www.facebook.com/PRMEASEAN/
Main Activities/Core Value Proposition
The main goal is to define CSR in the different Asian contexts, as well as to advance PRME locally.
This PRME Chapter, along with other Asia Chapters have committed to holding an annual meeting for the Asian context.
For more information, please contact:
Dr. Brian Gozun, RVR College of Business, De La Salle University, email@example.com