PRME Working Group on the Incorporation of the Principles in Executive Degree Programmes (has fulfilled its mission and is no longer active)
As the interest in Executive Degree Programmes continues to grow, academics, students and employers are recognising the need to integrate the values of Global Social Responsibility in academic activities and curricula. This Working Group aimed to inspire and facilitate research, discussion, and exchange of efficient approaches in order to create an effective learning experience, based on the Principles for Responsible Management Education. Special attention was given to ensure the development of consistent and systematic management concepts conducive to Executive Degree Programmes. At the same time, the Working Group worked on raising awareness about the necessity of this adaptation process.
1. Regarding the incorporation of the PRME in academic activities, the Working Group will work on:
- Establishing frameworks for faculty and student discussion and engagement
- Encouraging students and faculty to join various national and international groups
- Encouraging students and faculty to initiate groups, organisations and initiatives
- Organising thematic campus workshops, conferences etc.
2. Regarding the incorporation of the PRME in curricula, the Working Group will work on developing recommendations for:
- Integrating the values of Global Social Responsibility in overall curricula of Executive Degree Programmes
- Guidelines for Global Social Responsibility-related modules
- Guidelines for Global Social Responsibility-related postgraduate degrees
3. The Working Group will work on an integrative approach with the aim of raising awareness of:
- Higher education institutions
- Associations dealing with the empowerment of Global Social Responsibility
- Students and student networks
- Corporations dealing with the empowerment of Global Social Responsibility
The coordination team was located at the Steinbeis University Berlin - Institute of Corporate Responsibility Management, Berlin, Germany. The Steinbeis University Berlin is the largest state-accredited private university in Germany, currently having around 3000 students and 700 lecturers. It provides a transfer-oriented, work-integrated education, answering to the demands of the contemporary knowledge society. The Institute of Corporate Responsibility Management was founded as a response to the growing demand for consistent and systematic executive education and research in the fields of Corporate Responsibility Management, Ethics Compliance Management, Corporate Ethics Management and Corporate Sustainability Management.
The PRME Secretariat would like to thanks Dr. Felicitas Mocny and Oliver Laasche for their support in facilitating the group.