Policy on Sharing Information on Progress
The preamble of the Principles for Responsible Management Education states: "As institutions of higher learning involved in the education of current and future managers we are voluntarily committed to engaging in a continuous process of improvement of the following Principles, reporting on progress to all our stakeholders and exchanging effective practices with other academic institutions."
Reporting on progress by participant institutions to stakeholders is an essential part of the active commitment to PRME. During the 1st Global Forum for Responsible Management Education, PRME signatories defined the key characteristics of this commitment to public disclosure. It was specifically agreed that reporting should not be seen as a routine or bureaucratic obligation, but rather as the best opportunity to share information with stakeholders, create a learning community with other participating institutions, and provide information on progress achieved in the implementation of PRME.
The policy outlined below has been developed on the basis of the consensus reached at the 1st Global Forum.
Sharing Information on Progress Policy
A central commitment of any institution participating in the Principles for Responsible Management Education initiative is to regularly share information with its stakeholders on the progress made in implementing the Principles.
Signatories are expected to communicate their progress at least every 24 months.* Yearly communication is encouraged.
A "Sharing Information on Progress" (SIP) document can be a stand-alone report or part of another public report issued by your institution.
SIPs are to be submitted online via the PRME website, either by providing a hyperlink to an existing document on the signatory’s website or by uploading an electronic document (pdf preferred).
The drafting of the SIP report should not be a complicated, time-consuming, or difficult task. SIPs can be produced in the language decided by each participating institution and should include the following elements:
- Renewal of the commitment to PRME, signed by the highest executive of the organization
- Major achievements in relation to the implementation of one or more Principles during the past 24 months (since signing up to PRME or since last SIP report)
- Key objectives for the next 24-month period with regard to the implementation of the Principles
- Desired support (meetings, tools, best examples, implementation guidelines...) from the PRME community that would be most helpful in achieving key objectives over the next 24 months
It is also highly recommended that your report include details for a contact person for any SIP related questions or comments.
Here are some additional tips on how to write your SIP.
You can also view SIPs submitted by other PRME signatories here.
Directions on how to upload your SIP can be found here.
* Failure to report on progress every 24 months will result in the loss of "communicating signatory status."