Details for Martha & Spencer Love School of Business
A Grace Letter has been submitted and a SIP report is expected by 20 Nov 2018.
Type of Organization
Type of Education
Undergraduate, Post Graduate, Executive
Institution is part of
Elon, NC, United States
Sign Up Date to PRME
25 Feb 2009
Current Sharing Information on Progress Report Submission
22 Aug 2016
Sharing Information on Progress (2016)
Period Covered: Jan 2015 to Aug 2016
Local, National and Global social, economic and environmental sustainability: Educational frameworks (curricular and co-curricular), Research, Partnerships and Dialogues.
Achievements Curriculum Integration in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
- Recently approved new vision, mission, and values for business school that include focus on transformative business education including responsible business education (i.e., sustainability and corporate responsibility)
- In process of revising undergraduate core curriculum to strengthen existing focus on responsible business practices
- Sustainability and corporate responsibility are strong parts of university culture at Elon and in the business school including a sustainability faculty scholars program in which one of the business school faculty members is participating
- Co-hosted Fair Trade Symposium last year and co-hosting Dialogue on Morality and Business this year
- Considering executive education programs focused on these topics as more faculty develop expertise
Achievements Research Development in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
- A number of our faculty conduct research on Ethics practices, CSR, and sustainability.
- Additional opportunities for this research and knowledge development have been built into the strategic plan.