Details for Epoka University
Type of Organization
Type of Education
Undergraduate, Post Graduate, Doctoral
Institution is part of
Turgut Ozal Education Company
Tirana, Albania, Albania
Sign Up Date to PRME
12 Jan 2018
Current Sharing Information on Progress Report Submission
Letter of Commitment (2017)
Achievements Curriculum Integration in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
• Epoka University, and especially the Business Administration Department are highly focused on integrating the triple bottom line approach in curriculum design and courses in order to have a social, economic, and environmental impact. For instance, the BUS Department is a pioneer in the whole region for designing a course dedicated to Yunus Social Business and Business Sustainability. The course is offered in Professional Master (a kind of executive education). This is a unique course in Western Balkans and Eastern Europe; it is called Social Business and Sustainability – BUS 506 (click here for more info).
• Since we are going to open very soon the Yunus Centre, this center will be a future support for designing programs related with corporate responsibility and sustainability with a special focus on social business. For this purpose we are planning to engage Vodafone Albania for some financial support as well as UNDP Albania for being in line with Sustainable Development Goals. Soon it will be open also a student club for social business and sustainability, empowered by Vodafone and their CSR department. Already, Epoka University has founded a students’ club called Sensitive Society Club dealing specifically with social sustainability issues.
• Despite Business Administration, also other departments are focused on sustainability matters. For instance the Department of Architecture has put an emphasis on designing eco-friendly buildings in collaboration with the Department of Civil Engineering.
• Furthermore, Epoka University is engaged also in extra academic activities such as trainings and simulations based always on the sustainability mindset. For instance, very recently the General Directorate of Civil Emergencies of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, organized a simulation activity on Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear Defense (CBRN) at the premises of Epoka University.
Achievements Research Development in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
• The Department of Business Administration of Epoka University has pioneered in Western Balkans and Eastern Europe the first research cluster on Social Business and Sustainable Systems; click here for more details and research outcomes.
• Epoka University it is going to establish the Yunus Centre in collaboration with the Nobel Peace Laureate Prof. Muhammad Yunus.
• Our institution has already founded the Center for European Studies which promotes the integration of Albania in European Union by sustaining the Sustainable Development Goals of United Nations.
• The Department of Architecture of Epoka University is highly engaged in research regarding renewable energy and environmental protection.
• The stakeholder engagement with traditional or social businesses, as well as local and international organizations, has been already mentioned somehow in the previous paragraph (e.g. Vodafone, UNDP, etc.). Furthermore, during the spring semester at Epoka’s campus is held the Career Fair in which participate averagely around 60 companies (including the Big Four of Consulting), having a conversation about practical implications of knowledge from academia to the market. Many of our students are already recruited by these companies.