Details for Merrick School of Business
This organisation is no longer a PRME Participant.
Type of Organization
Type of Education
Undergraduate, Post Graduate
Institution is part of
University of Baltimore
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Sign Up Date to PRME
23 Sep 2008
Current Sharing Information on Progress Report Submission
04 Jun 2010
Sharing Information on Progress (2010)
Achievements Curriculum Integration in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
In the AY 08-09, the Merrick School is planning to undertake the following activities:
1. Augment our required course on ethics to more fully integrate corporate responsibility and sustainability.
2. Develop a specialization in the MBA on managing sustainabilty; three of the five specialization courses are developed. Specialization will be offered beginning in the fall 2009 semester.
3. Explore other developmental and concurricular activities, such as having a "sustainability" week to include presentations by alumni working in green business.
Achievements Research Development in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
1. In the summer 2008, offer summer research grants to faculty and students who want to conduct research and create products that will help the worl'ds people live more sustainable lives.
2. In conjunction with our Entrepreneurial Opportunity Center, develop a business accelerator for sustainable entrepreneurship.