Details for College of Business Administration - Kent State University
Type of Organization
Type of Education
Undergraduate, Post Graduate, Doctoral, Executive
Institution is part of
Kent State University
Kent, OH, United States
Sign Up Date to PRME
06 May 2016
Current Sharing Information on Progress Report Submission
03 Aug 2018
Sharing Information on Progress (2018)
Period Covered: Aug 2016 to Aug 2018
This report describes our progress in our first 2 years of PRME membership.
Achievements Curriculum Integration in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
1. Our college's Associate Dean worked with others in the university to create an 18 credit multidisciplinary Sustainability minor, which has been active for 3 years; students in the College of Business can complete this minor by taking courses in the College of Business after completing the initial required in the College of Applied Engineering, Sustainability and Technology.
2. Sustainability content is integrated in a number of courses in our college: Accounting, Economics, Entrepreneurship, Marketing and Supply Chain Management.
3. Our college offers a course solely focused on sustainability: The Business Case for Sustainability; enrollment in this course has grown steadily.
4. This year our college created a course in sustainable development which included a trip to India over Spring Break.
5. For the past two years our Executive MBA international experience course was in India and focused on sustainable development.
6. We have held faculty development for our Executive MBA faculty to educate them on sustainability and encourage integration of sustainability-related content in EMBA courses.
7. Our Net Impact graduate chapter has been active for 5 years, creating programming for others on our campus and bringing in sustainability speakers from organizations.
Achievements Research Development in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
1. Our Associate Dean and a subset of faculty have been actively involved in sustainability-related research for the past 8 years. They have made numerous sustainability-related presentations at national and international conferences; they have published an array of sustainability-related journal articles and book chapters; they participate regularly on program committees for key sustainability related conferences.
2. Our college has brought corporate sustainability managers to campus to address the entire faculty and to address students in a variety of contexts.
3. Our Associate Dean and a subset of faculty regularly attend a variety of regional sustainability related events and interact with sustainability professionals regarding organizational sustainability practice and challenges.