Details for College of Business, James Madison University
Type of Organization
Type of Education
Undergraduate, Doctoral, Executive
Harrisonburg, Virginia, United States
Sign Up Date to PRME
18 Jan 2016
Current Sharing Information on Progress Report Submission
12 Jan 2018
Sharing Information on Progress (2018)
Period Covered: Jan 2016 to Jan 2018
The JMU CoB regularly engages students in curricular and co-curricular activities that make the difference in the local and larger world community. We infuse ethics and social responsibility throughout our curriculum, and faculty engage in research on those topics, as well as on topics related to environmental stewardship and sustainability. Students engage in high impact learning at home and abroad. As a college community, we practice what we teach and regularly engage in dialogue on related topics.
Achievements Curriculum Integration in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
* Madison Collaborative is a campus-wide focus on ethical reasoning in action in which the College of Business is very engaged including several faculty assisting with the design of the program; our Board of Advisors for the College will participate in a Madison Collaborative workshop in April and our faculty participated last fall
* Both Town Halls for the College of Business last fall focused on CSR and how we wanted to engage our students and faculty more fully in this conversation
* The current core curriculum revision process is addressing inclusion and immersion of CSR in the core
* Numerous faculty engage students in service learning as part of their courses
* The College Diversity Council sponsors a diversity conference and food drive each year
* In the process of implementing a plan for making the College more environmentally conscious
These are just a few examples of our efforts.
Achievements Research Development in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
* The recent call for summer research grant applications included CSR as a priority for funding
* Numerous faculty are already doing CSR related scholarship and that is expected to grow as we incentivize such research and build it into the fabric of the College more directly
Can provide more details.