Details for Faculty of Business and Law - Leeds Beckett University
Type of Organization
Type of Education
Technical, Undergraduate, Post Graduate, Doctoral, Executive
Institution is part of
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds, United Kingdom
Sign Up Date to PRME
26 Jan 2015
Current Sharing Information on Progress Report Submission
11 Mar 2019
Sharing Information on Progress (2019)
Period Covered: Jan 2017 to Jan 2019
The report details developments over the last two years, noting the philosophy of responsibility, pedagogy developments, research developments, and different partnerships in each of these areas
Achievements Curriculum Integration in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
The Faculty of Business and Law is building it’s work on PRME on the
Research Centre for Governance, Leadership and Global Responsibility
Hon President Mervyn King (SA)
The Centre (founded in May 2014) is developing:
• Research across corporate, public, professional and voluntary sectors, in partnership with those sectors, about the meaning, values and practice of responsibility in governance and leadership (see below).
• Action research about the relationship of responsibility to employability attributes and skills.
• An integrated curriculum (at undergraduate and post graduate levels), pulling together business ethics, CSR, governance, leadership, sustainability, integrated thinking and reporting. The first steps in the undergraduate curriculum include modules on sustainability and business ethics society and responsibility. The first steps in post grad area are working with the University of Pretoria around an integrated Masters.
• In the next year we aim to link this to the post grad curriculum, focused in course development, and to develop a connective module for all Masters.
Research theme teams:
• Public service governance and responsibility, established- bids in preparation and scoping
• Intercultural perspectives on responsibility and sustainability, established- work begun in China on enterprise and responsibility.
• Sport, Corruption and governance, to be established next year Halafifi)
• Responsibility and pedagogy. Team in place and to be developed from October.
• Governance, Leadership, NGOs, human rights and peace building Team to develop Bids in 2014 /15
• Integrated reporting and integrity, team established (conference in 2015).
Achievements Research Development in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
The Research Centre for Governance, Leadership and Global Responsibility is linking closely with the Institute for Sustainability and the Leadership Centre (delivering training and development)- both Leeds Beckett University, in its response to business. This includes:
• Delivering training in Ieadership and integrity
• Offering consultancy on sustainability practice
• Consultancy with corporate, public, professional and voluntary sectors, particularly around board development, and the development of cultures or responsibility.
• Develop ongoing dialogue between the different sectors about governance, leadership and responsibility. This is focused in a public lecture series.
Aims for the next year are:
• To develop the public lecture series with the regional CBI and local government, focused on dialogue across the region.
• To join the cross parliamentary group on the CSR, creating further networks
• To work with the IIRC and regional firms on integrated reporting.