Details for WHU - Otto Beisheim School of Management
A Grace Letter has been submitted and a SIP report is expected by 24 Apr 2019.
Type of Organization
Type of Education
Undergraduate, Post Graduate, Doctoral, Executive
Institution is part of
Wissenschaftliche Hochschule fur Unternehmensfuehrung
Vallendar, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany
Sign Up Date to PRME
14 Jun 2013
Current Sharing Information on Progress Report Submission
24 Jan 2017
Sharing Information on Progress (2017)
Period Covered: May 2015 to Dec 2016
Achievements Curriculum Integration in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
- WHU-wide Code of Conduct as a basis for a stimulating learning environment (developed by a team of faculty, students and staff).
- Academic content and mandatory courses on CSR in all programs, e.g.
o Business Ethics, Management Based on Ethical Values and Social entrepreneurship in BSc
o Ethics in Management: Corporate Social Responsibility and Operations Strategy & Sustainability in MSc
o Legal Ethics and Business Ethics in MLB
o Responsible Leadership elements, Leadership Credo, Course Operations Strategy and Sustainability in MBA programs, etc.
- “General Studies” Program with mandatory courses related to business ethics, management & sustainability, personal development, etc.
- CSR-related business simulations (e.g. “Sustainability Lab” in BSc and MSc, Carbon Trade Simulation Game in MBA, etc.).
- WHU-wide guest lectures by leaders from business and society about current issues of social responsibility in economy and society (e.g. Anselm Bilgiri – Benedictine monk and Father, Norbert Röttgen - former Federal Minister of Environment in Germany, Markus Dinslaken - Head of Global Diversity and Inclusion at Henkel, Prof. Schnellhuber – Director of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research, and many more).
- Diversity-related scholarships in WHU’s degree programs (e.g. WHU diversity scholarship, scholarship for women in business, etc.).
- Different student organizations and conferences related to CSR (e.g. WHU Studenten helfen e.V., WHU First Responder, WHU Walks for Charity, SensAbility – the social enterprise conference, Gender Balance Day conference, etc.).
- Semester or modules abroad are obligatory in all programs to sharpen intercultural competences and raise awareness regarding global economic, environmental and social issues.
- International modules in Post-experience programs and Executive Education include visits to social organizations (e.g. school for underprivileged children, hospital, etc.).
- Open Enrollment General Management Program (Executive Education) with focus on social entrepreneurship and including a social project abroad – in cooperation with the social business Bookbridge.
- More intense alignment of the activities across our programs & departments.
Achievements Research Development in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
- Center for Responsible Leadership as a platform for teaching and knowledge creation in the field of leadership and personal development related to responsibility and values.
- "The Sustainability Lab" as a platform for cooperation and exchange of knowledge in the fields of teaching, research and professional practice regarding sustainability.
- Doctoral dissertations and other research output covering topics such as sustainable supply chains, green logistics, accounting fraud and ethics, sustainable investment, measuring sustainability, and corporate social responsibility.
- Conception and introduction of the Campus Car project based on a doctoral dissertation (making available diesel-powered cars for a small fee which benefits the charitable student initiative “WHU Studenten helfen e.V.”).
- Analysis and considerations regarding an Assistant Professorship in the field of sustainability.
- Better communication and mutual learning processes through integration of CSR topics in annual reportings of chairs.