Details for Global Ethic Institute
Type of Organization
Type of Education
Undergraduate, Post Graduate, Doctoral, Executive
Institution is part of
University of Tubingen
Tubingen, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany
Sign Up Date to PRME
10 Dec 2012
Current Sharing Information on Progress Report Submission
04 Oct 2017
Sharing Information on Progress (2017)
Sharing Information on Progress (2016)
Period Covered: Dec 2012 to Dec 2014
Achievements Curriculum Integration in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
The institute began its operational work in spring 2012. We offer different courses in the field of business ethics and intercultural studies. Our lecturers come from a variety of different backgrounds such as philosophy, political science, theology and economics.
Our goal is to educate the change makers of tomorrow using a holistic and humanistic approach.
In association with the department of economics and political science,we offer courses at the Bachelor and Master level.
What we have achieved so far:
Pastandcurrentseminars 2012 - 2013
• Professional ethicsandattitude
• EthicalDecision – Ethical Dilemmas
• Intercultural Competence
• Business Ethics Case Studies
• Corporate Ethics – Leadership Ethics
• Paradigms of Economic Ethics
• Mission Statements and Codes of Conduct
• Global Ethic: Idea – History – Implementation
What we are planning in 2012/2013:
• Ethics in international relations
• Multi-Stakeholder-dialogues between politics, economy, science and society: new forms of participation.
• Economy meets society: Economization or civilization?
• Success, failure and personality
• Money and Ethics I: Economic and moral history of money.
Achievements Research Development in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
What we have achieved so far:
Publications 2011 / 2012
• Human Development in Business – Challenges for Contemporary Management, (edited by Domènec Meléand Claus Dierksmeier), Palgrave Macmillan Publishers, May 2012.
• Banking with Integrity – The Winners of the Financial Crisis, (edited by HeikoSpitzeck (leadeditor), Michael Pirson, Claus Dierksmeier, Wolfgang Amann), Palgrave Macmillan Publishers, London/New York, forth coming October 2011.
• Business Schools under Fire – Humanistic Management Education asthe Way Forward, (editedby Wolfgang Amann (lead editor), Michael Pirson, Ernst v. Kimakowitz, Heiko Spitzeck, Claus Dierksmeier), Palgrave Macmillan Publishers London/New York 2011.
• HumanisticEthics in the Age ofGlobality, Palgrave Macmillan Publishers, (editedby Claus Dierksmeier (leadeditor), Ernst von Kimakowitz, HeikoSpitzeck, Michael Pirson, Wolfgang Amann), Palgrave Macmillan Publishers, London/New York 2011.
• Humanistic Management in Practice, (editedby Ernst v. Kimakowitz (lead editor), Michael Pirson, Claus Dierksmeier, HeikoSpitzeck, Wolfgang Amann), Palgrave Macmillan Publishers, London/New York 2011.
What we are planning in the next years:
Interdisciplinarityandinterculturalfoundationof a Global EconomicEthicanditsimplementation in daytodaybusinesssituations.
• Foundation of an„Intercultural Economic Ethics“ (global ethical principles)
• Procedures and dialogues for a Global Economic Ethic
• Strategic innovations for business ethics practices.
Theory – Practice Transfer: Ethical Strategy Advisory for Businesses and Politics