Details for Prin. L.N. Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research
Type of Organization
Type of Education
Post Graduate, Doctoral, Executive
Institution is part of
S.P. Mandali Trust
Bengalure, Karnataka, India
Sign Up Date to PRME
04 Sep 2012
Current Sharing Information on Progress Report Submission
06 Sep 2017
Sharing Information on Progress (2017)
Period Covered: Aug 2017 to Aug 2019
Sharing of Information on Progress (SIP) is a report which consists of institute's various activities like panel discussion, live projects, student driven programmes, research work etc. These programs are conducted in tandem with the 6 principles of PRME-purpose, value, method, research, partnership and dialogue.
Achievements Curriculum Integration in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
1. The institute offers two year post graduate diploma in Management (PGDM). In first year there is a holistic development programme which is conducted at different point of times (I, II, and III trimesters). Courses like Vedanta, leadership module, student social responsibility, art of self management, grooming etc are taught which makes the students better individuals and inculcates certain value system
2. The curriculum has a module in the sixth trimester titled "Corporate Governance and Business Ethics" where various topics like corporate citizenship, CSR, doing sustainable business are discussed through various case studies and theoretical modules.
3. In future, based on the PRME, topics like truth and disclosure, whistle blowing and loyalty, managing anti-corruption issues, international supply chain issues etc will be incorporated from second trimester on wards which will lead students to understand corporate responsibility and sustainability.
Achievements Research Development in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
1. Prin.L.N. Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research is a research centre for Anna University, Chennai. Many faculty members are pursuing their doctoral research under this. Apart from this, few faculty members are pursuing their doctoral degrees from other universities. Some of the topics are related to corporate responsibiltiy and sustainability. For e.g. "A study on Corporate Governance in India-A Holistic Perspective" where the researcher is working on ethical behavior of the companies stressing on triple bottom reporting or Environmental, social and governance (ESG) reporting.
2. The institute has proposed to start a centre for Ethics/Sustainability where students and faculty will be encouraged to take up research projects on corporate responsibility and sustainability.
3. The institute has taken a case study on the CSR initiative of Infosys Technologies Ltd., Bangalore and Infosys Foundation-Rural development initiative. The case study is trying to integrate the interventions of PRME in CSR activities of the company and the foundation and also examining the possibilities of incorporating PRME in the curriculum of the institute.