Details for Haas School of Business
Type of Organization
Type of Education
Institution is part of
University of California, Berkeley
Berkeley, California, United States
Sign Up Date to PRME
04 Jun 2012
Current Sharing Information on Progress Report Submission
26 Aug 2016
Sharing Information on Progress (2016)
The 21st century is marked by several unsustainabilities — commercial paths we're on where a straight-line continuation is not going to work. Berkeley-Haas is seizing the opportunity to shape a better future by focusing on developing these types of innovative leaders. Berkeley-Haas’ participation in UN PRME reflects our commitment to address these unsustainabilities.
Sharing Information on Progress (2013)
Achievements Curriculum Integration in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
* Curriculum integration. A student committee, supervised by the Center for Responsible Business at Haas, is exploring opportunities to integrate sustainability into both core and elective courses.
* Program design. Three academic centers on Haas' campus do work in the area of CSR and sustainability: The Center for Responsible Business, the Center for Nonprofit and Public Leadership, and the Global Social Venture Competition. A working group consisting of the leaders of those three organizations has been created to coordinate the activities of the three organizations and identify opportunities for collaboration that will enhance the socially- and environmentally-focused extracurricular offerings at Haas.
* Other achievements. Please see our program profile and past achievements on the Beyond Gray Pinstripes website: http://www.beyondgreypinstripes.org/school/uc-berkeley-haas
Achievements Research Development in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
* Sustainable Finance. Hosted a two-day conference in November of 2011 for academics and practitioners in the field of socially responsible investing and corporate finance. More at http://responsiblebusiness.haas.berkeley.edu/events/2011financeandresponsiblebiz.html
* Sustainable Products and Solutions Research. The Sustainable Products & Solutions Program (SPS) funds research, fellowships, competitions, and symposiums that seek sustainable solutions to global challenges. From carbon foot-printing and green chemistries to safe drinking water solutions, the projects the SPS program supports build on UC Berkeley's tradition of excellence in sustainability research and teaching. http://responsiblebusiness.haas.berkeley.edu/programs/spsgrants.html
* Membership in the Alliance for Research on Corporate Sustainability (ARCS). Haas is a member of ARCS and hosted the 5th Annual ARCS conference. http://www.corporate-sustainability.org/