Details for Durham Business School
Type of Organization
Type of Education
Undergraduate, Post Graduate, Doctoral, Executive
Institution is part of
Durham , United Kingdom
Sign Up Date to PRME
30 Apr 2012
Current Sharing Information on Progress Report Submission
26 Apr 2016
Sharing Information on Progress (2016)
Period Covered: Aug 2013 to Jul 2015
This is our second SIP report covering the academic years 2013/14 and 2014/15. It reports on all six of the PRME Principles together with a commentary on our own organisational practices. It reports on practical actions in relation to the implementation of PRME during that period, assesses progress, and sets future objectives.
Achievements Curriculum Integration in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
Areas of excellence include:
• the MSc programmes in Islamic Finance
• the launch of a new core module on the MBA programmes
entitled ‘Sustainability, Ethics and Change’ in 2013/14
• the launch of a new route in Business Ethics on the MSc
Management in conjunction with the University’s Philosophy
Department in 2014/15
• a module on ‘Green Supply Chain & Logistics Systems’ on the
new MSc Management (Supply Chain Logistics) route, also
launched in 2014/15
• the continued offering of a specific final year module entitled
‘Corporate Responsibility’ as an elective on the BA Marketing,
BSc Accounting, BA Business & Management, and BA
Accounting & Finance degrees.
We have undertaken a review of our curriculum across all programmes and will be engaging in curriculum development over the next two years to increase the coverage of corporate responsibility and sustainability.
Achievements Research Development in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
• We have a number of active researchers who work in the area of CSR / Business Ethics / Sustainability broadly defined publishing articles in top academic journals
• We have a good proportion of doctoral students (17%) researching in this area
• We have established a formal research cluster entitled, "Ethics, Organisations and Society" in 2014/15
• We continue to engage with companies in the area of corporate responsibility and sustainability, for example hosting a Corporate Forum on the future of energy.
We will continue to research and partner with organisations to develop our engagement in the area of corporate responsibility and sustainability.