Details for Universidad de San Martin de Porres
Type of Organization
Type of Education
Undergraduate, Post Graduate, Doctoral
Lima, Lima, Peru
Sign Up Date to PRME
25 Apr 2011
Current Sharing Information on Progress Report Submission
30 Nov 2017
Sharing Information on Progress (2017)
Period Covered: Jan 2015 to Nov 2017
Este reporte incluye todas nuestras acciones que involucran el desenvolvimiento social; los cuales nos han permitido lograr un impacto positivo en la sociedad y en la gestión ambiental. A su vez nos permite reafirmar el compromiso de trabajar bajo un concepto transversal y estratégico de gestión
Achievements Curriculum Integration in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
We have worked at the curriculum level, in order to ensure the development of capabilities in students to be able to apply sustainable value for business and society, currently our curriculum includes seven courses in this field at undergraduate program.
For next period the general learning goals are the following:
• Achieve that our students will comprehend their social responsibility and the ethical implications of their behaviour.
• Achieve that our students will proactively adapt and respond with integrity to organizational changes and to diverse business conditions.
• Develop a series of courses and programs specially designed for managers who are interested in acquiring skills and understandings in the sustainability and social responsibility areas, in Postgraduate Unit.
This learning goals will help us to improved the curriculum and not only at course level.
Achievements Research Development in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
In order to bring companies towards faculty, we founded the Quality Business Institute (ICEM) in 2009 and its mission is to develop knowledge, research and consulting services for business improvement, quality administration and sustainable management.
For next period the general research and knowledge goals are the following:
• Promotion of environmental awareness and developing green projects management, such as the project Campus Carbon Neutral (on progress)
• New methods of teaching social responsibility and sustainability, promoting the participation of students in field research. The survey of managerial thinking in social responsibility in the country conducted in 2010, and research in social responsibility management through student thesis undergraduate are examples.
• Promoting development of social networks with the participation of nonprofit organizations, businesses and government. The San Martin University currently sponsor Peru 2021, a nonprofit organization that promove social responsibility; co-organized courses in environmental management and social responsibility; and promotes the participation of companies in its commitment to social responsibility through it registration in the Distintivo ESR 2011.