Details for Lviv Business School
Type of Organization
Type of Education
Institution is part of
Ukrainian Catholic University
Lviv, Lviv, Ukraine
Sign Up Date to PRME
07 Dec 2010
Current Sharing Information on Progress Report Submission
18 Apr 2018
Sharing Information on Progress (2017)
Period Covered: Jan 2016 to Dec 2017
The mission of Lviv Business School of the Ukrainian
Catholic University (LvBS) is 'Ukraine on the World
LvBS is the school cherishing European values and
approaches, that is developing an open and responsible
business community. Our goal is to support the
development of visionaries who would be proactive in
building the Ukrainian business environment, and not just
responding to occasional high-profile problems.
Achievements Curriculum Integration in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
LvBS`s emphasis on an ethical approach to business development was highlighted in a Financial Times article "Lviv aims for ethics and expertise".
The Key Executive MBA program of LvBS adheres to international standards and covers a wide range of managerial areas. At the same time there is a focus on values based business and leadership as a guiding principle through the whole program and the final projects. The environment and culture of teaching in the Executive MBA program develops participants' attitudes towards nurturing leadership, respect for human dignity, as well as transparency and trust.
Since its foundation in 2008 LvBS has held a number of events and activities centered around CSR and value based business:
- The first ever in Ukraine Café-seminar on value-based business for top managers of leading Ukrainian companies (2008).
- A Master-class for business executives conducted by Mark Albion, former Harvard Business School professor, Consultant for Fortune 500 Companies, author of a bestseller "True to Yourself: Value-based Business", and a New York Times Business bestseller "Making a Life: Making a Living", a co-founder of the Net Impact Project www.netimpact.org, as well as a number of successful companies (May 2008).
- A National Conference for students, business representatives as well as NGOs on Moral Dilemmas in Business, including a Café-seminar with Mairon Rogers as invited guest. Mr. Rogers is a world-known consultant on organizational change(April 2009).
- A Café-seminar on improving partnership between the business sector and NGOs held during the Second Ecumenical Week in partnership with Lviv City Council (October 2009).
- LvBS took part in the CEE Catholic Universities Symposium on improving the quality of education in the region and incorporating spirituality and education (May 2008) as well taking part in the FUCE meeting (Fédération des Universités Catholiques Européennes) on humanizing society by means of the effective education, work and service of catholic universities (May 2010).
- A conference on Developing Responsible Leaders in CEE was conducted by LvBS in partnership with EABIS and CEEMAN and attracted to intellectual discussion over 50 participants both from business and business schools from 5 CEE countries (December 2010)
- LvBS initiated creation of Sustainability Working Group within CEEMAN management development association
Achievements Research Development in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
LvBS has conducted research on Value based business in Ukraine and published an article on this issue in the national business media.
LvBS fosters an understanding of CSR within companies and how CSR can function in a company, by creating and sharing its intellectual resources on the topic with the Ukrainian business community:
We develop CSR case studies:
1) A joint business case-study by Galnaftogaz and LvBS on the "Go Green! Program" was the winner of The First National Competition of CSR Business Cases in Environment Protection Nomination;
2) LvBS is prepared a case-study on one of the two best corporate responsibility performers in Ukraine within the EABIS Program: 2009 Research, Education and Training Initiatives.
Interviews on ethics issues with practitioners and researches of the topic can be found on the School's website www.lvbs.com.ua
Our next research initiative will be the research "Developing Responsible Leaders" which wil extend the Global Leaders of Tomorrow project methodology of Ashridge Business School (UK) to the CEE region, as only 4% of the respondents in the original research conducted in 2008 came from CEE countries.
The publication on conference results of Developing Responsible Leaders is planed for 2011