Details for Widener University
Type of Organization
Type of Education
Undergraduate, Post Graduate, Doctoral
Chester, PA, United States
Sign Up Date to PRME
06 Oct 2010
Current Sharing Information on Progress Report Submission
13 Mar 2018
Sharing Information on Progress (2018)
Sharing Information on Progress (2016)
Period Covered: Sep 2014 to May 2015
Widener University School of Business Administration, Report on Progress, 2014-2015
Achievements Curriculum Integration in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
• Many of already developed student learning goals and objectives include most of the PRME principles.
• A number of currently required courses integrate most of the PRME principles (Introduction to Business Concepts, Legal and Ethical Environment of Business, Foundations of Management, International Business, Management policy and Strategy, Business Ethics, and Cultural Anthropology.)
• We have an elective course titled “Sustainability and Globally Responsible Business Leadership”.
• We have an annual workshop series for high school students on sustainability.
• We are in the process of revising our undergraduate core curriculum and planning to add additional corporate responsibility and sustainability content.
Achievements Research Development in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
• In 2009 the school has received a pledge of $250,000 to start the “Timothy P. Speiss Endowed Fund for the Promotion of Responsible Global Business Principles” which will provide funding for activities supporting and promotion of PRME principles.
• We are planning annual symposia to promote PRME principles which will feature business leaders, faculty, and students as speakers (first of these will be in spring 2011).
• We will establish student internships with academic credits to give students experiential learning opportunities in sustainability and corporate social responsibility.
• We will establish student scholarship and travel awards to encourage activities related to PRME principles.
• We will establish faculty support grants to encourage faculty to engage in research and publication in sustainability and corporate social responsibility.