Details for HEC Lausanne
This organisation is no longer a PRME Participant.
Type of Organization
Type of Education
Undergraduate, Post Graduate, Doctoral, Executive
Institution is part of
University of Lausanne
Lausanne, Vaud, Switzerland
Sign Up Date to PRME
01 Sep 2010
Current Sharing Information on Progress Report Submission
25 Jun 2012
Sharing Information on Progress (2011)
With its slogan Responsible learning, responsible leading, HEC Lausanne has made a clear commitment to ethics and corporate responsibility both in research and teaching.
This document reports about what has been already achieved and what is to be done along this path. It represents the engagement of numerous members of the HEC Lausanne community to turn our vision into reality and to promote a more sustainable future in a globalizing world.
Achievements Curriculum Integration in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
1.- Achieved in 2011-2012
- faculty signature is : "Responsible learning, responsible leading"
- HEC Lausanne Centenial numerous activities under the motto of "Responsible Management".
- 2nd edition of a bachelor module in "Social Entrepreneuship".
- apart from specific courses such as "Unethical decision making" or "Business Ethics", all bachelor courses integrate an ethical perspective.
- an executive module in "Leadership" has been successfully launched.
2.- To be achieved
- launching of the "Responsible Eco-innovation and Management" Master program in collaboration with faculty of Geoscience and Environment of the university of Lausanne (sept. 2013).
- code of conduct for Faculty members and administration.
- Risk management courses are to be developed both from the micro (Entreprise Risk Management) and macro (systemic risk) perspectives.
Achievements Research Development in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
1.- achieved in 2011-2012
- New original sets of CSR indicators leading to pertinent recommendations for the "Corporate responsible management of the 21st century" are being developed by a team of professors and PhD students. Applicable to specific business sectors the research has been publsihed in may 2011.
- "Responsible Management Practices for the 21st century", book edited by G. Palazzo & M. Wentland, published by Pearson International in 2011 (paper versions in french & english. ebook version in german).
- PRIME, learning Platform for Responsible Innovation, Management and Economics is up and running.
- 2nd "Responsible Business Fair".
2.- to be achieved
- first PRIME conference.
- develop research-action, together with all concerned stakeholders, articulated around concrete projects in the framework of PRIME and publish pragmatic applicable results.