Details for Universidad Pablo de Olavide Faculty of Business Administration
This organisation is no longer a PRME Participant.
Type of Organization
Type of Education
Undergraduate, Post Graduate, Doctoral, Executive
Institution is part of
Universidad Pablo de Olavide
Sevilla, Sevilla, Spain
Sign Up Date to PRME
01 Jul 2009
Current Sharing Information on Progress Report Submission
23 Dec 2011
Sharing Information on Progress (2011)
Engaging in Sustainability 2011 provides an overview of the advancement in the implementation of PRME principles as a way to set short term and medium term commitments to enhance the embedment of Sustainability and social responsibility issues in the Faculty of Business Administration of Pablo de Olavide University in Seville (Spain).
Sharing Information on Progress (2010)
Engaging in Sustainability 2010 intend to provide an overview of the initial steps and short term commitments to enhance the embedment of Sustainability and social responsibility issues in the Faculty of Business Administration of Pablo de Olavide University in Seville (Spain) at different levels: Faculty mission, curricula, teaching staff awareness and research.
Achievements Curriculum Integration in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
What we have achieved:
• Our Faculty of Business Administration offers an optional course on social, environmental and sustainability issues to students in the forth year of the degree in Business Administration.
• Some topics like ethics in accounting, transparency and sustainability reporting have been included in a core course about understanding corporate reporting practice taught in the second year of the degree in Business Administration.
• Our Faculty have issued and Environmental Policy.
What we are planning to achieve:
• Develop a course on corporate social responsibility for the new grades to be implemented according to the Bologna process.
• Develop free-configuration courses, seminars and workshops which address different and specific aspects of a responsible management
• Try to reflect on the basic aspects of responsible management to include it as an strategic priority of our Faculty of Business Administration and Department of Business Administration in a way that as much as many of the courses taught tackle somehow different aspects of responsible management.
Achievements Research Development in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
What we have done:
• Social and environmental accounting, accounting for sustainability and corporate social responsibility are an important field of research of the staff of our department of Business Administration. Case study research on environmental and sustainability accounting and reporting practices of companies have been carried out.
• Part of our staff belongs to the Centre for Social and Environmental Accounting Research (CICSMA) http://www.upo.es/cicsma/
• Organise workshops on Corporate Social Responsibility and social and environmental accounting research.
What we are planning to achieve:
• Keep on organising workshops on Corporate Social Responsibility and sustainability and social and environmental accounting research.
• Develop strong links with companies and other institutions to further advance research in the field of sustainability and social responsibility as well as to enhance knowledge transfer between University and these organizations.