Details for International Business School
This organisation is no longer a PRME Participant.
Type of Organization
Type of Education
Undergraduate, Post Graduate, Executive
Institution is part of
Sign Up Date to PRME
29 Apr 2008
Current Sharing Information on Progress Report Submission
31 May 2011
Sharing Information on Progress (2011)
VU IBS is concerned about the young learners‘ developmental growth not only as future business leaders, but as socially responsible people. The dynamism, openness to innovation, being as close to business as possible, while at the same time thinking about long-term perspectives, a strong team of professors, associate professors, prominent practitioners in Lithuania and abroad and cooperation with other business schools help develop appropriate value attitudes.
Achievements Curriculum Integration in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
International Business School at Vilnius University is involved in the education of current and future managers and leaders and is committed to:
• introduce CSR principles into its educational programs with all the consequent benefits for Lithuanian business and society;
• participate in research networks on corporate social responsibility;
• introduce of CSR principles into management of the School;
• develop educational courses for graduate and post graduate students at the International Business School at Vilnius University on CSR;
• create educational environment that enables development of responsible leadership abilities of the students;
• support and stimulate interaction with social partners promoting social and environmental responsibilities;
• facilitate dialog between educators, social partners, government, media and civil society related to issues of social responsibility;
• serve as example of the values and attitudes we convey to our students.
Achievements Research Development in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
• Introduction of principles of CSR into curriculum development;
• Conduction of research on issues of social responsibility and sustainability;
• Support of interaction with social partners promoting social and environmental responsibilities;
• Facilitation of dialog between educators, social partners, government, media and civil society related to issues of social responsibility;
• Development of courses on CSR issues for executives.