Details for International Institute of Business (IIB)
This organisation is no longer a PRME Participant.
Type of Organization
Type of Education
Post Graduate, Executive
Sign Up Date to PRME
21 Apr 2008
Current Sharing Information on Progress Report Submission
29 Feb 2012
Sharing Information on Progress (2011)
International Institute of Business is an independent business school that operates in Ukraine in the field of upgrading business education, advanced lifelong training and learning and business and society researches. International Institute of Business was one of the first Ukrainian signatories to the Principles for Responsible Management Education initiative and I am proud to introduce this report on our progress and commitment to the PRME Principles
Achievements Curriculum Integration in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
- Course on Managerial Leadership was included in Executive and International MBA Curriculum since 2007 academic year which covered the topics on corporate social responsibility and how to make business activity socially oriented.
- IIB has introduced guest speakers’ series for students inviting governmental officials, international experts and business leaders to deliver lectures on corporate responsibility and share their views on what steps need to be done further bringing attention of companies to corporate responsibility problems and best practices in implementing various social initiatives. IIB will continue this activity in future.
- Due to cooperation with Kyiv School of Economics and Victor Pinchuk Foundation, IIB faculty members attended the number of Public lectures delivered by James Wolfenson, Former President of the World Bank : Ukraine in a Four Speed World”, General Colin Powell, Former US Secretary of State “Democracy and Global World Challenges”, Dr. Muhammad Yunus, 2006 Nobel Prize Winner for Peace “Fighting Poverty”.
- Being a member of European Business Association (EBA),IIB took active part in activity of CSR Committee established by EBA. Marina Starodubska, IIB Alumni and tutor of Diploma in Public Relations program was elected co-chairman of the Committee. IIB representatives took active part in the Committee activity to promote CSR among EBA Members and wider business community in Ukraine as well as educate companies on the right ways to promote their CRS efforts. IIB invited EBA CSR Committee members to present its findings to promote CSR among IIB corporate community on regular basis.
- IIB in cooperation with partner companies organized theseries of round table discussions on issues “CSR is a vital part of corporate strategy”
- IIB organized PR and Marketing Club meetings to discuss the topic “Social initiatives of Ukrainian Business”
- IIB Academic council approved proposals to incorporate changes in curriculum of MBA programs related to including the topics on Business Ethics and CSR in each course outline
-In 2010 the Centre of CSR and BE was established. The major goal of the Centre’s activity is to promote CSR and business ethics development in Ukrainian business community Ukraine via a number of means: research; teaching; consulting; and publications and undertake efforts to embed the values of corporate social responsibility in curricula of existing courses and design a new programs which reflect issues of wise leadership, sustainability and social responsibility.
Achievements Research Development in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
- IIB will include information about PRME initiatives and the topics on CSR in e-newsletter which is distributed among students regularly to attract their attention to CSR issues
- IIB will initiate discussion in national media “What is the role of business school in making this world a better place to live”
- IIB will conduct the survey among MBA students and alumni “How to integrate social initiatives into current business practice”. The results of the survey will be published in business magazine.
- IIB continue cooperation with EBA and contribute to CSR Committee activity;
- IIB addresses faculty members the request to include more number of cases and examples of CSR best practice into course outlines to create awareness among program participants that doing business as usual is no longer an option and there is a time to integrate social initiatives in business strategies.
- IIB will initiate discussion on PRME principles among Business Advisory Board members and inform them about decision to join initiative and develop an action plan to implement various social initiatives.