Details for BEM Bordeaux Management School
This organisation is no longer a PRME Participant.
Type of Organization
Type of Education
Undergraduate, Post Graduate, Executive
Sign Up Date to PRME
01 Apr 2008
Current Sharing Information on Progress Report Submission
25 Apr 2012
Sharing Information on Progress (2011)
Covering an 18-month period (January 2010 - June 2011), this report gives a detailed account of all the sustainable development efforts initiated by both staff and students of our School. It provides both qualitative data ("Experience data sheets") and quantitative data (water and energy consumption, hours of CSR-related lectures, number and type of publications, etc.) in order to help you get a better understanding of the nature and evolution of our actions.
Sharing Information on Progress (2009)
As institution of higher learning involved in the education of current and future managers, BEM has been a member of the “Principles for Responsible Management Education” (PRiME) initiative of the Global Compact since 2008. We reaffirm and renew our commitment to contribute to the emergence of a new generation of “responsible managers” by incorporating Responsibility into all teaching programmes.
Achievements Curriculum Integration in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
Implementing a pedagogical approach in the field of GR is very important for us because our mission is to enable students to become responsible managers and leaders.
So our pedagogical approach contributes to each of these six principles by incorporating Global Responsibility into generalist an specialised teaching programmes.
1. More than 600 hours of GR courses are taught by the BEM faculty:
- “global studies” about business ethics, financial crisis, SRI, analysis in accordance with global responsibility criteria, corruption, North - South relations governance…
- specific courses for each discipline : marketing ethics, Risk management and SD, Total Quality, Purchasing and Sustainable Development, Strategy and Global Responsibity.
- In 2003, we have also launched a specific academic chair entirely dedicated to global responsibility with a 45-hour module in the ESC programme
2. Integration seminars for specialized programmes, professional talks and discussions are also offered to our students.
3. Different teaching tools are proposed: not only courses but also internships, dissertations, workgroups (Team projects, local or international solidarity & humanitarian projects)
So, all the teaching programmes prepare, more or less, their students to responsible management and leadership. Beyond these specific approaches and to ensure that all the students have the same level of awareness, a 15-hours compulsory course (or cross-programme and cross discipline course) in GR will be launched next september, in all the teaching programs,
Achievements Research Development in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
- Over the last four years, academic research into global responsibility has grown considerably.
- Today it represents more than a quarter of the total output of CEREBEM.
- At the same time, the School’s teacher-researchers are carrying out applied research, working with companies, NGOs and local authorities