Details for SDA Bocconi School of Management
Type of Organization
Type of Education
Post Graduate, Executive
Milan, Italy, Italy
Sign Up Date to PRME
01 Apr 2008
Current Sharing Information on Progress Report Submission
05 Nov 2018
Sharing Information on Progress (2018)
Period Covered: Oct 2016 to Oct 2018
Achievements Curriculum Integration in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
The following modules have been included in the MBA and part-time MBA programmes:
- Corporate citizenship
- Business-Government Relations
- Corporate social responsibility
- Business ethics
The following modules have been included in the International Master of Public Management:
- Social reporting & accountability
The following modules of courses have been included in the executive non-degree programmes for private managers:
- Corporate social responsibility
- Stakeholder management
- Environmental management
- Socially responsible investing
- Non-financial reporting
- Social entrepreneurship
The following module has been included in the executive non-degree programmes for public managers:
- Social reporting & accountability' (local, central, healthcare public agencies)
Achievements Research Development in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
- (From January 2008) Collaboration of faculty members for joint research and papers with the Columbia CERC (Center for Environmental Research and Conservation) aimed at investigating the issue of ‘sustainability’ in the Global Compact context.
- (2007-ongoing) Research Project carried out by individual faculty members of Bocconi and MIT for investigating the functioning mechanisms of the codes of conduct of international organizations (OECD, Global Compact, ILO) and their impacts on businesses.
- the institution has been actively involved in the RESPONSE project, “Understanding and Responding to Societal Demands on Corporate Responsibility”. Funded by European Commission - Framework Programme 7, supported by European Academy of Business in Society (EABiS) and leaded by INSEAD. (Other Schools involved Copenhagen Business School, HEC Geneve, L.K. Academy Warsaw).
- (2000-2007) the Finetica Observatory has been carried out, which focuses on socially responsible investing and business ethics.
- (2001-2004) The Corporate Social Responsibility – Social Commitment (CSR-SC) project has been carried out for the Italian Ministry of Labour and Social Affair, and presented throughout the Italian Presidency at the European Commission
It should be also highlighted that Bocconi School of Management is part of Bocconi University. While the present endorsement is done by Bocconi School of Management, Bocconi University is offering graduate programs such as the Master in Environmental Management which is largely devoted to teach CSR-related and sustainability-related areas (Sustainable management of local areas, Environmental marketing, Management of environmental innovation, Environmental Accounting, CSR/Sustainability Evaluation and Reporting). Graduate Courses such as “Corporate social responsibility”, “Resources and environmental protection” and “Comparative Business-Government Relations” are part of our graduate curricula. Last, the University is currently establishing the S.I.F. Chair in Social Entrepreneurship.
Last, this form has been filled in order to provide a short overview of the teaching & research initiatives delivered by Bocconi School of Management in the field of responsible management education. We would be glad to share the details of these initiatives, including course syllabi, research findings and the list of publications with the other Business Schools actively involved in promoting and developing PRME.