Details for Ramon V. del Rosario College of Business
Type of Organization
Type of Education
Undergraduate, Post Graduate, Doctoral, Executive
Institution is part of
De La Salle University
Manila, National Capital Region, Philippines
Sign up Date To PRME
19 Dec 2008
Last Sharing Information on Progress Report Submission
21 Jun 2011
Sharing Information on Progress (2011)
This is the first Sharing of Information on Progress report of De La Salle University, Manila, Philippines. The report describes the reorganization of the College of Business partly to be better able to address the UN-PRME in light of the University's Centennial in 2011.
Achievements Curriculum Integration in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
1. The vision-mission of the Graduate School of Business incorporates social responsibility, stewardship and the goal of uplifting society.
2. The MBA curriculum has been regularly updated to incorporate courses relevant to stewardship as follows:
Business Ethics (1998), Family and Work-Life Harmony (incorporated in Business Ethics in 2002) and Social Responsibility, Human Rights and Sustainability (2008)
3. The faculty teaching feedback form has been revised to include items assessing how well faculty incorporate ethics and social responsibility considerations in their teaching practice.
4. The final oral examination for MBA students incorporates questions on ethics and social responsibility
5. The DBA program has been revised to focus on social responsibility and sustainability (2003). In particular, the following three courses have been required: Sustainable Business (team taught with faculty from the College of Engineering), Corporate Social Responsibility & Ethics, and Strategic Management & Corporate Governance
6. The school’s Professional Development Center (PDC) pioneered and continues to advocate corporate governance training of a large number of directors of banks, publicly-listed companies, insurance companies and intermediaries, and distribution utilities in the last six years
7. The Center for Corporate Social Responsibility for Human Development (CSRHD) has been set up and is leading in curriculum integration of ethics and CSR.
8. A few MBA courses of the school have incorporated service learning which enables students to help organizations in need through their skills and develop their social sensitivity in the process.
1. A proposal will be made to require business ethics, social responsibility and sustainability as topics for the undergraduate programs.
2. The integration of ethics and social responsibility in all courses will be further pursued, using the UN-PRME signup as means to generate faculty commitment.
3. A public seminar on humanistic management is planned, which will incorporate stewardship principles and sustainability.
Achievements Research Development in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
1. A book on corporate social responsibility ("Doing Good in Business Matters", 2008) has been written by the faculty in collaboration with faculty of the Asian Institute of Management. The book is in two volumes: Frameworks and Cases.
2. The school has a dedicated column in a daily broadsheet, The Manila Times, entitled “Managing for Society” which has been running weekly since 2004. Faculty members write for the column by rotation, focusing on various social responsibility themes.
3. A faculty member serves as as academic adviser to the CSR Institute of the League of Corporate Foundations and a member of the Ethics Committee of the pharmaceutical industry association.
1. A number of DBA students are writing dissertations related to social responsibility and ethics. Topics include:
-The state of social responsibility education in Philippine graduate business education
-Catholic Social Teaching as applied in a graduate business school
-Catholic Social Teaching as applied in business organizations
2. Research incorporating social responsibility and Catholic Social Teaching in management practices will be pursued