Details for School of Business - Monash University Malaysia
Type of Organization
Type of Education
Undergraduate, Post Graduate, Doctoral
Institution is part of
Monash University Malaysia
Bandar Sunway, Selangor, Malaysia
Sign Up Date to PRME
13 Apr 2017
Current Sharing Information on Progress Report Submission
Letter of Commitment (2017)
Achievements Curriculum Integration in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
The School works alongside other faculties and disciplines to inculcate citizenship behaviors and creative problems solving in students by providing education and research directed to CSR and sustainability. Examples of courses with a pivotal CSR focus, from bachelor and masters courses,
in the School and University are listed below:
● Corporate social responsibility and business ethics.
● Environmental and natural resource economics.
● Current issues in corporate governance.
● Social entrepreneurship.
● Sustainability strategy in contemporary organisation.
● The sustainable planet.
● Sustainable processing.
● Principles and practices for sustainable development.
● Environmental health.
● Marketing planning and implementation.
Achievements Research Development in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
Academic expertise and the School’s commitment to social responsibility and sustainability are also reflected in PhD research. Some of the PhD topics currently being undertaken by our students are:
● Impact of water reform in Malaysia.
● Malaysian women entrepreneurs: The neglected enterprising selves.
● Efficacy of after school intervention programs for underprivileged children In Malaysia.
● Efficacy of microfinance schemes in enhancing the economic wealth of the Indian micro and small entrepreneurs in Malaysia.
● Economics of inequality.
● Living with chronic illness in Malaysia: A healthcare, employment and social perspective.
● Rural-urban migration and well-being of the internal migrants: Evidence from Indonesia.
● Trafficking of migrant workers for the purpose of forced labour in Malaysia: Evidence from a socioeconomic legal study.
● Multidimensional indices of poverty: Theory and empirics.
● CSR communication strategies and its impact on organisational outcomes.
● Corporate social responsibility in multinational corporations: A co-evolutionary theory perspective.
● Individuals' expectations of corporate social responsibility: A phenomenological study of Malaysian consumers’ nonparticipation in consumer boycott action.
● Mitigating negative impact of service failure: The role of CSR, customer-service provider relationship, identification and need for affect.