Details for FH Wien University of Applied Sciences
A Grace Letter has been submitted and a SIP report is expected by 07 Nov 2019.
Type of Organization
Type of Education
Undergraduate, Post Graduate
Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Sign Up Date to PRME
15 May 2015
Current Sharing Information on Progress Report Submission
09 Aug 2017
Sharing Information on Progress (2017)
Period Covered: May 2015 to Aug 2017
FHWien der WKW, the University of Applied Sciences for Management & Communication, has been a pioneer in Corporate Responsibility since 2012. As one of the first universities of applied sciences in the German-speaking world, it includes Business Ethics and Corporate Governance as compulsory subjects in the curricula of all business management programs. The first SIP demonstrates the implementation of PRME in all areas of FHWien der WKW, illustrated by relevant policies, procedures and activities.
Achievements Curriculum Integration in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
• Business ethics courses are already fully integrated in all Masters programmes.
• The aim is to fully integrate the teaching of business ethics in Bachelor programmes as well.
• Participative teaching methods and working with teaching case studies are characteristics of the designs of our business ethics courses.
• Our business ethics teaching offering is complemented with frequent lectures by internationally renowned academics and leading representatives from the private sector, public institutions, non-profit- and non-governmental organizations.
Achievements Research Development in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
• Next to its research activities, the industry funded Endowed Professorship for Corporate Governance & Business Ethics develops and teaches business ethics courses at the FHWien University of Applied Sciences of WKW since 2012.
• The Center for Corporate Governance & Business Ethics (CCGBE) was newly established at the FHWien University of Applied Sciences of WKW in 2014. Its mission is threefold:
1. Conducting research projects in the areas relevant to Corporate Governance and Business Ethics.
2. Offering academic teaching in Business Ethics, Corporate Governance and Business Strategy.
3. Establishing a hub for networking between parties interested in Corporate Governance and Business Ethics.
• Renowned corporate partners representing a rich sample of Austria’s economic landscape have been won as sponsors for CCGBE.
• Regular exchange with our corporate partners ensures that transfer between theory and practice enriches our work and enhances our impact at CCGBE.
• The consolidation of CCGBE, especially the advancement of its visibility as a hub for networking, is key to advance knowledge development with companies in the field of corporate responsibility and sustainability in Austria.
• At CCGBE the research focus lies on strategic business ethics and political CSR.
• The results of the research activities are published in leading journals, edited books or as monographs.
• With the aim to make the generated knowledge available to a broad group of stakeholders, it is then put to use when translated into industry projects, especially with SMEs.
• This process is grounded in a sound scientific foundation, which makes it possible to give relevant and robust practical recommendations to private companies, public institutions, non-profit- and non-governmental organizations.