Details for UOC School of Business and Economics
Type of Organization
Type of Education
Undergraduate, Post Graduate, Doctoral, Executive
Institution is part of
Universitat Oberta de Catalunya
Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Sign Up Date to PRME
03 Oct 2014
Current Sharing Information on Progress Report Submission
04 Oct 2016
Sharing Information on Progress (2016)
Period Covered: Jul 2014 to Jul 2016
We are pleased to present the UOC´s Identity, Mission and Social Responsibility Report and renew our commitment to the PRME initiative of the UN Global Compact. We continue to strive to become an increasingly socially responsible academic institution. One of the UOC's institutional objectives is therefore
"to consolidate social responsibility as a distinctive feature of its internal culture and reputation with a view to making the UOC a socially responsible institution beyond its legal obligations".
Achievements Curriculum Integration in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
The Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (UOC) is a cross-cutting Catalan university with a worldwide presence, aware of the diversity of its environment and committed to the capacity of education and culture to effect social change. The UOC fosters cooperation and exchange within its university community and with other universities, institutions, the business community and civil society, whilst at the same time forging international alliances to enable sharing and learning.
The mission of the Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (UOC) is to provide people with lifelong learning and education opportunities. The aim is to help individuals meet their learning needs and provide them with full access to knowledge, above and beyond the usual scheduling and location constraints.
UOC and more specifically School of Business and Economics are committed with long-life education at executive level. The programs Executive MBA and MBA has a specific subject related with Corporate Responsibility and in October 2014 starts a new master program with the title: “Master in Social Responsibility”.
The UOC is committed to the advancement of the following values:
• Diversity, in terms of gender, the promotion and acceptance of cultural pluralism, multilingualism to overcome barriers and open work involving different platform technologies.
• Participation of the whole community in the university dynamic, promoting suitable channels for the free expression of ideas and proposals and undertaking the actions required to sustain and improve our activity.
• Quality, as an institutional culture. The UOC strives to achieve excellence in educational services, educational activity and organisational processes, whilst guaranteeing the academic rigor of its programmes.
• Innovation, as a cross-cutting principle for all of our activities. The UOC is open to innovation in education, technology and the institutional dynamic. At the same time, it promotes entrepreneurial initiatives and encourages the empowerment and creativity of students, faculty and all university employees.
• Sustainability, as both the basis for the design and construction of university activities and processes and to remain competitive.
• Cooperation, as an organisational culture based on flexibility and the social commitment to forging institutional bonds based on collaboration, mutual learning and teamwork.
Achievements Research Development in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
In terms of academic research our researchers have written several scientific articles related with social responsibility. Besides several business ethics resources have been elaborated. Regarding knowledge development with companies we are proposing some interesting in-company programs with social responsibility background.