Details for Jonkoping International Business School
Type of Organization
Type of Education
Undergraduate, Post Graduate, Doctoral, Executive
Institution is part of
Sign Up Date to PRME
26 Mar 2013
Current Sharing Information on Progress Report Submission
26 Mar 2017
Sharing Information on Progress (2017)
Period Covered: Jan 2015 to Mar 2017
We want to share our progress implementing PRME at JIBS with students, faculty and staff as well as our national and international partners. Our report represents an effort to communicate what we do in order to embed PRME and our Guiding Principle "Responsible in Action" at JIBS. We present a set of practices that enable inclusive learning environments for responsible leadership and sustainability. With this report, we confirm our commitment to sustain the high standards of PRME.
Achievements Curriculum Integration in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
ACHIEVEMENTS SO FAR:
JIBS has made substantial efforts to further its work with PRME and its Responsible in Action Guiding Principle. These efforts have allowed JIBS to increase its orientation towards responsible and sustainable operations and education by:
- Creating the bachelor programme “Sustainable Enterprise Development”.
- Increasing the number of courses that incorporate ethics, responsibility and/or sustainability by means of lectures, seminars or assignments. These courses comprise:
- International Management, required in the Bachelor’s programme in International Management
- Marketing Management, required in the Bachelor’s programme in International Management and Marketing Management
- Supply Chain Management, required in the Bachelor’s programme in Marketing Management
- International Marketing Law and Consumer Protection, required in the Bachelor’s programme in Marketing Management
- Sustainable Venture Development Across Countries, an elective Bachelor’s course focused on sustainability
- Accounting Communication and Environmental Reporting, required in the Civilekonom programme
- Entrepreneuring, Person and Process, required in the Master’s programme in Strategic Entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurial Growth, required in the Master’s programme in Strategic Entrepreneurship
- Contemporary Issues in a Globalised World, required in the Master’s programme in Managing in a Global Context
- Contemporary Issues in Global Marketing, required in the Master’s programme in International Marketing
- Consumer Behaviour, required in the Master’s programme in International Marketing
- Marketing Research, required in the Master’s programme in International Marketing
- Business Law in a Digital Context, required in the Master’s programme in Digital Business
- Humanitarian Logistics, required in the Master’s programme in International Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Aligning its programme learning outcomes with JIBS’ mission and focus areas (entrepreneurship, renewal and ownership).
- Introducing recurring events to raise awareness among students and faculty of the meaning and importance of ethics, responsibility and sustainability in the subjects we teach.
PLANS TO ACHIEVE:
- We will continue working to ensure that all programmes include at least one course on ethics, responsibility and/or sustainability, which is specifically tailored to the program objectives.
- We will explore how JIBS can further facilitate connection between students and the broader society, to enable insights and opportunities for engagement related to societal development.
- We will obtain the Jönköping Municipality Environmental Certification in order to become aware of our current environmental footprint and identify measures to reduce it.
Achievements Research Development in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
ACHIEVEMENTS SO FAR:
JIBS has an established reputation for conducting high quality, productive research. The new mission – with outspoken and increased focus on JIBS aspiration to advance theory and practice in favor of sustainable value creation – is used as benchmark to employ researchers and to guide where research projects are oriented. In the last two years, faculty and PhD students’ research output on ethics, responsibility and sustainability has been clearly aligned with our focus areas as well as in line with PRME. This implies:
- An increased in the number of publications from faculty and PhD students on ethics, responsibility and sustainability
- The conclusion of several Doctoral dissertations on responsibility and sustainability
- An increased in the number of new research projects on different areas within responsibility and sustainability
PLANS TO ACHIEVE:
- Responsible in Action and PRME will continue inspiring researchers to identify and explore research questions and learning outcomes related to ethic, responsibility and sustainability.
- We will continue offering lunch seminars on ethics, responsibility and sustainability to take part in the discourses on entrepreneurship, renewal and ownership, also specifically related to the dimensions of responsibility and sustainability.