Details for University of St. La Salle
Type of Organization
Type of Education
Undergraduate, Post Graduate, Doctoral
Bacolod City, Negros Occidental, Philippines
Sign Up Date to PRME
03 Sep 2012
Current Sharing Information on Progress Report Submission
30 May 2017
Sharing Information on Progress (2017)
Period Covered: Jan 2013 to Jan 2013
Achievements Curriculum Integration in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
1. Service Learning Program
Initiated : Integration of service learning principles in major business courses
Partnership with Business Resource Center, a microenterprise development program of the University with around 1000 partners / clients from 10 cities and towns in Negros Occidental province. Activities include services for BRC partners for product development, bookkeeping trainings, researches on business practices.
Partnership with Gawad Kalinga (a non – government organizations building homes and developing urban and rural poor communities) in the conduct of training for youth in enterprise development, business planning, and bookkeeping. The project “ Youth Commitment for Sustainable Development” is funded by the United Nations Development Program and is aimed at developing surrounding/adopted communities as social laboratories where students learn from the harsh realities, and undergo lifeskills training to complete the Government – Certified course for future livelihood and employment opportunities.
2. Academe – Industry Council : The linkages developed through these partnerships ensure the relevance of the University’s business education curriculum and provide faculty and students with immersion and field trip experiences in companies with sound business practices in corporate settings.
3. Lectures on Social Entrepeneurship based on Catholic Social Teachings
Lecturers from non – government agencies like Gawad Kalinga provide inputs on social enterprise success stories.
Lecturers from Lasallian partner universities were invited as resource persons on principles of corporate social responsibility
4. Inclusion of Business Ethics and Philosophy, and Corporate Social Responsibility courses in the Business Education curriculum. CSR courses include case studies and examples of industries / companies which reflect a commitment to these principles.
5. Campus Organizations in the College of Business and Accountancy are required to organize community service activities as a requirement for accreditation, so that they experience what it means to be a “catalyst for social responsibility”.
Achievements Research Development in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
• poverty studies for the Local Government Units
• plans to require a chapter on Environmental Concerns to all feasibility studies
• strengthen the academe-industry linkage