Details for Poznan University of Economics and Business
Type of Organization
Type of Education
Undergraduate, Post Graduate, Doctoral, Executive
Sign Up Date to PRME
20 Jul 2012
Current Sharing Information on Progress Report Submission
28 Jul 2016
Sharing Information on Progress (2016)
Sharing Information on Progress (2014)
Achievements Curriculum Integration in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
Established in 1926, Poznan University of Economics (PUE) is one of the best universities of economics and business in Poland, with a strong international orientation, offering bachelors, masters and doctoral studies, as well as many postgraduate and executive programmes.
We have taken very seriously our responsibility to educate future business leaders to take a broader ethical and societal perspective on business practices. Among others:
• Principal values fostered by the PUE are: truth, reliability, elitism, respect, transparency, innovativeness, friendliness.
• Courses on corporate responsibility and sustainability are important part of the curricula on undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate levels. These courses include: Business ethics, Social aspects of management, Corporate social responsibility, Pro-ecological corporate management.
• Since 2008 a new degree course (bachelor and master) Social Policy has been run. It aims at educating leaders and managers in social policy areas, like health care, education, pensions, social assistance and others. The curriculum combines economic and business courses with social and social policy education.
Achievements Research Development in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
The PUE has developed a reputation as one of the leaders in CSR and sustainability research. The research topics include:
• Corporate social responsibility and business ethics, especially at the Department for Sociology and Philosophy;
• Sustainable development, at several Departments at the Faculty of Management;
• Social policy, especially at the Department for Labour and Social Policy;
• Environmental protection, especially at the Faculty of Commodity Science.
Many conferences organised at the PUE are devoted to the issues of corporate responsibility and sustainability. A recent example was the 2nd International Academic Conference, organised on 14 April 2011, “An organisation’s sustainable development and stakeholder relations”.