Details for Graduate School of Management (GSOM) - St. Petersburg University
Type of Organization
Type of Education
Undergraduate, Post Graduate, Doctoral, Executive
Institution is part of
St. Petersburg University (SPbU)
St. Petersburg, Russian Federation
Sign Up Date to PRME
10 Jul 2012
Current Sharing Information on Progress Report Submission
11 Jul 2017
Sharing Information on Progress (2017)
Period Covered: Jul 2015 to Jul 2017
This Sharing Information on Progress Report (SIP) on the implementation of the Principles for Responsible Management Education describes the main developments of Graduate School of Management St.Petesburg University since 2015. Research in the field of Corporate Social Responsibility and Social Entrepreneurship is still active and organized by the PwC Center for CSR. CSR/Sustainability and related topics are growing in importance both in the Bachelor and Master’s Programs and in the EMBA.
Achievements Curriculum Integration in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
We already achieved:
The obligatory and elective courses in the field of corporate responsibility and sustainability are introduced into curricula of the main SPbU GSOM undergraduate and graduate programmes, including:
• Obligatory “Corporate Social Responsibility” course of 45 contact hours for Bachelors in Management (Spring Semester);
• Elective “International Corporate Social Responsibility” course of 45 contact hours for Master in International Business (MIB) programme and CEMS Master of International Management (CEMS/MIM) programme (Fall Semester);
• Elective Block seminars in “Corporate responsibility in managerial practice” and “Ethical responsibilities in globalizing world” of 30 contact hours each for CEMS/MIM programme conducting in co-operation with Aalto University School of Economics (Finland);
• Obligatory “Business and Society” course of 30 contact hours for EMBA;
• Customized module of 18 hours in CSR for company “Rosneft” (2011–2012);
• Customized module of 36 hours in “Integrity and Business Control” for IBM (2011).
We are going to achieve:
• Elective “Environmental Management and Sustainable Development” course of 45 hours should be introduced for MIB and CEMS/MIM programmes (Spring Semester);
• Obligatory Business Skills seminar in “Moral reasoning in Business” of 18 contact hours should be introduced for CEMS/MIM programme (Spring Semester);
• Obligatory course in the field of corporate responsibility and sustainability should be introduced for PhD programme;
• Issues of corporate responsibility and sustainability should be embedded into the core management courses of the main SPbU GSOM undergraduate and graduate programmes of bachelor, master and EMBA levels;
• Teachers of all managerial courses of the main SPbU GSOM undergraduate and graduate programmes should get the regular seminar in mainstreaming issues of corporate responsibility and sustainability;
• The “Project Management for Social Entrepreneurs Programme” of 72 contact hours should be presented for 100 actual and potential Russian social entrepreneurs;
• The first Russian textbook in “Corporate Social Responsibility” for Bachelors in Management should be prepared and published.
Achievements Research Development in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
We already achieved:
• The PWC Center for Corporate Social Responsibility at SPbU GSOM was established in 2008 and won the leading position in Russian academia;
• The continuous nationwide research projects in CSR/social investments in Russia (Report on Social Investments in Russia 2008, Report on Social Investments in Russia 2012 – in progress) and investments into people (People Investor 2009) are conducted in cooperation with Russian Managers Association;
• The nationwide research project in corporate philanthropy (Corporate Philanthropy leaders 2007–2010) is conducted in cooperation with Russian Donors forum, PWC and business newspaper Vedomosty;
• The active participation in EABIS — The Academy of Business in Society and GRLI activities, including hosting the EABIS IX Annual colloquium and VIII PhD conference in September 2010.
We are going to achieve:
• The regular participation in major international research projects in the field of corporate responsibility and sustainability in cooperation with EABIS — The Academy of Business in Society, GRLI, and GOLDEN for Sustainability research centers network.