Details for Faculty of Economics and Administration
Type of Organization
Type of Education
Undergraduate, Post Graduate, Executive
Institution is part of
King Abdulaziz University
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Sign Up Date to PRME
04 May 2012
Current Sharing Information on Progress Report Submission
09 May 2016
Sharing Information on Progress (2015)
Period Covered: Aug 2013 to Aug 2015
The SIP report highlights the achievements of the Faculty of Economics and Administration at King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, with regards to the Principles of Responsible Management Education. The report covers the two year period from 2013 to 2015.
Achievements Curriculum Integration in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
In the past few years the business curriculum at FEA has gone under a major review benchmarking it to those of leading schools locally and regionally. This effort resulted in the following enhancement regarding CSR, ethics and sustainability.
• An introduction of a Business Ethics course at the undergraduate level.
• Increasing the number of case studies dealing with these issues in most of our graduate and undergraduate courses
• Invite CSR/sustainability officers from the private and public sectors as guest speakers in our various classes.
• Assigning reading materials (i.e., articles) as an integral part of the teaching materials that our students required to read and discuss in class.
• Inviting CEOs and government officials and other civic organization leaders known for their leadership in CSR and sustainability issues as guest lecturers in our executive education program.
• FEA is planning to add a course in CSR and sustainability to its graduate full time MBA and part time EMBA in the next three years.
Achievements Research Development in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
• Several of our faculty are provided with research grants specifically design to generate interest and research in CSR, sustainability and ethics. The knowledge developed from these research projects are disseminated through the academic community in the form of articles published in referred journals as well as industry outlets.
• FEA is currently in the process to secure funds from the private sector to endow a chair position in CSR. The Endowed chair to hold the position will be an internationally recognized leader in this field and she/he will create a culture of research and practitioners who will serve as the changing agents in their respective organization to enhance and advocate CSR mission, activities and research.