Details for University of Salford
Type of Organization
Type of Education
Undergraduate, Post Graduate, Doctoral, Executive
Salford, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
Sign Up Date to PRME
07 Nov 2010
Current Sharing Information on Progress Report Submission
31 Aug 2017
Sharing Information on Progress (2017)
Period Covered: Jul 2015 to Aug 2017
Achievements Curriculum Integration in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
It is our intention to make sure that all programmes at every level provide space within the curriculum to consider corporate responsibility and sustainability issues.
- Salford Business School has appointed Professor of Strategy and Corporate Responsibility, alongside a Lecturer in Strategy, Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility. These appointments have enabled the development of a new CSR module that will be offered on five postgraduate programmes.
- School of Built Environment looking at ways of integrating 'Sustainability in the Curriculum' into programmes across the campus.
Achievements Research Development in the Field of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
The University actively sponsors research, innovation, enterprise and engagement activities which focus on responsibility and sustainability issues. This is done through three themes in the University's selected research agenda, i.e. energy, enterprise and innovation and civil and human rights.
Building on these themed activities a range of research and innovation projects and PhD programmes are underway in the area of corporate responsibility and sustainability.
- School of Built Environment developed a KTP with Create Construction, looking at embedding a detailed management system to support CSR for a construction company to enable the delivery of CSR objectives for the company, their clients and supply chain.
- Centre for Sustainable Urban and Regional Futures (SURF) significant input and support into the Mistra Programme (collaboration with Scandinavian Universities).
- SURF receiving funding with other institutions to develop, and implement locally, various designs in Urban Retrofitting.
- SURF developing a five step framework for city-regional infrastructure development, building on ongoing research into the roles of citiesand regions in developing sustainable and knowledge-based futures.